Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

G4 box - Scheduled recordings missing

I have the above box which behaves very well in general, however twice in the last couple of months ( yesterday was the latest occurance) I have gone into the scheduled recordings screen to find that the contents are missing.

The first time it happened I was just in the process of re-programmimg the recordings when the original listing re-appeared leaving me with two entries for each scheduled recording.

Yesterday I just switched the box off via the rear mains switch, switched back on after a couple of minutes and found two entries in the scheduled programmes listing, as I watched the screen, the remainder of the recordings I had scheduled reappeared over the next couple of minutes.

I don't know how the scheduled recording are stored, is it within the box, or is it via a BT server?

Has anyone else experienced this? and is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again please?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: G4 box - Scheduled recordings missing

You might find that the Youview community would be better placed to advise on possible causes.

Were I to speculate I would suspect your scheduled recording list would be generated/held by your Youview box based upon the program's you had previously selected AND the state of the EPG. Guide on the box at the time.
so for example if subsequently the box EPG guide programme data was missing or incomplete or changed the scheduled recording list might be reduced or empty but when the EPG is subsequently re populated or updated the programmes you had previously requested are found again in the EPG and are displayed in your scheduled recordings list.

There would have been some EPG adjustment recently to accommodate the launch the Horror channel on Friday 13th. That could be entirely coincidental.

However the schedule recordings returning progressively after a few minutes does suggest to me that a repopulation/rebuilding of the EPG may have been occurring.when you switched the box back on.
0 Ratings
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response, I will ask on the Youview community forum as you suggest
0 Ratings
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Yes I have noticed missing recordings too

I scheduled it to record the highlights of the australian Grand Prix and qualifying and set it to series record, it didn't record either.

I did turn the box from standbye to watch during the race, and a  soon as i turned to the channel it was on it remebered it was meant to record it and started, though it has happened a few times on series record stargate atlantis seemed to be this often, I would have to re-add it every week.  very annoying

0 Ratings