Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

G4 sound loss on channel BT Sport HD 1

Hi, has anybody experienced any audio problems with their G4.  After about one hour watching BT Sport 1 HD, the audio starts to breakup, but vision is ok.  If I change channel and then return back to BT Sport the problem disappears for a while, but does come back.  It does not happen on any other HD channels (internet/aerial) as far as I can see.  I have infinity 2 (49Mbps) with HH5.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: G4 sound loss on channel BT Sport HD 1

it been happening on Fox HD and during box office title Ender's Game in HD

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi guys,

Thanks for posting. This should have been resolved in the latest software update.  Can you check if you’re on 17.3 in Settings and if not, check for upgrades? Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

To DavidM, 

Thxs for responding, the software level is 17.3.  The problem seems to take some time before it occurs, so I'll check again on Saturday when I watch BT Sport 1 HD (football) for several hours.  When it first appears the audio just hiccups, but if left on the same channel it gets worse and worse until you cannot hear any sound.  As I said, changing the channel fixed the problem

Dave

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

On mine - it was like disappear for about a couple of seconds then not happen again for a while - watching History HD tonight and no problem

0 Ratings
Dieselpower
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I have the same problem, cooling the box by blowing cold air from a hair dryer restores the sound temporarily, BT need to investigate this further.
0 Ratings
Dave123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi all,

I had the same sound problem again today on both BT Sport HD and Discovery channel HD.  Not sure whether the problem is a known firmware fault or I should report it as a fault.  Anybody else having similar issues.    RGDS

0 Ratings