Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 21 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@TimCurtis wrote:

The new interface is NOT suitable for older generation users , many who aren't very technically aware & struggle with new concepts. I feel quite safe making that statement as I'm in my 70s & I know my wife will absolutely hate the update.

That's rather damming of the older generation and somewhat presumtious of you to make such a claim on behalf of all more senior people.

Silver surfers are a huge segment of the Internet and tech scene generally. You may not welcome change, however, I love the whole concept of something new. 

0 Ratings
Mallett94
Contributor
Message 22 of 1,295

Go to solution

Hi,

In our house we have a newly accquired BT UHD Youview Box, and our original non-pvr BT Mini Youview Box. The mini box is yet to recieve the update. Could anyone enlighten me as to if there are more than one set of these mini non pvr youview boxes?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 1,295

Go to solution

My "zapper" box hasn't had it yet either.

0 Ratings
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 24 of 1,295

Go to solution

Just got the update on the dtrt2000box (the second issue non uhd recordable box) so the update is certainly being rolled out quicker than had been suggested! So far seems to function ok but not really had chance to investigate much yet.

0 Ratings
ArchieHobbie
Beginner
Message 25 of 1,295

Go to solution

Hello

Was directed to this thread as this issue was solved. However, it has not been solved. Does BT have a date for the 2100 boxes?

Seems that BT are holding back, according to YouView sources.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 1,295

Go to solution

With all the adverse comments being posted on the Youview forum the delay is surely a good thing. There are several vital things to be done to the new interface before it's really usable in the opinion of some/many.

I've blocked the update on 2 of my boxes but left the third (my spare) open so I can view the changes before accepting the update on the two we really use.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 27 of 1,295

Go to solution

Software update I have is 27.46.0 and have noticed that the smart standby mode can now be set hourly through 24 hours. I know when this first came out the options were very limited but don't know if it subsequently changed or this is a feature of this latest update.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 28 of 1,295

Go to solution

The dely in the update for the likes of my box the G4 PVR in my opinon is fine for so far I been reading a lot of mixed reviews about the update over on the Youview support forums and some also over on the Digital Spy forums.

Darren

0 Ratings
EweViewer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 1,295

Go to solution

@TimCurtis wrote:

Personally I'm blocking any updates for my 2 YouView boxes by setting my , non-BT , router to prevent these boxes accessing the internet between 12midnight & 8am which should stop automatic updates.

I'm a regular on the YouView forum & it's obvious that the new interface is not being welcomed by many... 

For those interested in ways to prevent their boxes updating there's a discussion on the YouView forum here :

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/how-to-prevent-your-box-updating-to-next-generation

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 30 of 1,295

Go to solution

@EweViewer wrote:

@TimCurtis wrote:

Personally I'm blocking any updates for my 2 YouView boxes by setting my , non-BT , router to prevent these boxes accessing the internet between 12midnight & 8am which should stop automatic updates.

I'm a regular on the YouView forum & it's obvious that the new interface is not being welcomed by many... 

For those interested in ways to prevent their boxes updating there's a discussion on the YouView forum here :

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/how-to-prevent-your-box-updating-to-next-generation

Something of a moot point as BT don't appear to be in any hurry to update their PVR range at the moment.  I'm not convinced that switching the box off every night is a long term solution either.

Let's just hope that by the time BT release the update to the PVRs the bugs have been better ironed out.

0 Ratings