Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 31 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

Not sure what the problem with this update is...I have had it for a couple of weeks on dtr2100 pvr box and have had no problems, did prefer the list as opposed to the thumbnails for recorded programs, but it really is no big deal and I certainly prefer the 24 hour options for switching out of high eco mode. As far as I am concerned the box has been stable since the update, early days I know but haven't come across any bugs to speak of.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 32 of 1,295

Go to solution

I don't have BT TV, no packages of any kind but last night the new software came into my Humax DTR1000 box, branded BT.  It is quite hopeless: the list of recorded programmes has gone (and I can't read the little boxes which replace it, I can't amend the list of channels shown on the guide, I am faced with lots of BT stuff being pushed at me. If I do a factory reset wil it go away?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 33 of 1,295

Go to solution

Good news everyone, the new BT TV experience, including the brand new BT Player, is starting to roll out to customers with G4 or G5 boxes.

The roll out will commence tonight.  Customers will receive an email with a link to the information page which can be viewed here. Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience.

The software will be rolled out to all YouView customers over the coming months.

The software variant will be : 27.46.0

We've worked hard to make sure that this software is ready for you - most recently we've been working on making the box faster and more stable. It doesn't end there though, so keep an eye out for new updates which will come after launch based on customer feedback.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 1,295

Go to solution

@SeanD

Have you seen all the very negative posts on the Youview Community forum regarding this release?

To summarise - it's a total disaster!

So how can you say "Good News etc"?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 1,295

Go to solution

What about retail boxes purchased without any BT Vision contract, are these going to be left alone?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 36 of 1,295

Go to solution

@TimCurtis wrote:

@SeanD

Have you seen all the very negative posts on the Youview Community forum regarding this release?

To summarise - it's a total disaster!

So how can you say "Good News etc"?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have read the comments over on the YouView forum and understand some customers do not like some of the new changes.  I personally wouldn't call it a total disaster as there are some positive comments as well.

The nature of a support forum will unfortunately mean that we will only likely see negative comments as opposed to positive comments but there are people out there who like these changes.  I also think that when there is a substantial change to something that you have become very used to, change can be a scary thing which I can completely appreciate.  However once the change has become the norm, you then get used to it and may even come to like the changes Smiley Wink

Cheers

Sean 

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 37 of 1,295

Go to solution

YouView's Twitter feed is choked with comments about the 'MyTV' Recordings format and poor useability .... who on earth tested this ?

.... and the old chestnut about Forums skewing reality due to attracting mostly negative f/back .... well given the volume of complaints on there & Twitter, theres obviously no smoke without fire ...

Nowt wrong with 'change' if its an improvement - but from what I see it's certainly not that !

Wont labour the point - theres plenty of detail in the YV Community site ....

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 1,295

Go to solution

Sean

I guess you have to take the party line but the next few weeks will be busy for this forum & the BT help desk I'm sure.

BT customers I would imagine are the biggest users of these boxes so interesting times ahead.

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 39 of 1,295

Go to solution
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 40 of 1,295

Go to solution

That not so relevant speedtrip as most people on here for this update will have BT TV and therfore not really an issue with the logo being present.

The last sentence maybe slightly more relevant.

0 Ratings