Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edsib1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

There's a mistake in the order recorded episodes in a series are displayed.

If you press the youview button and scroll over to MyTV the most recent episode is on the left, with older episodes to the right (as you would expect).

HOWEVER, if you press OK on MyTV to go into the recordings tab, and into a series - the most recent episode is now on the right, with older episodes to the left.

The way the interface flows should be consistent throughout the system.

(If you wish to thank me for testing your system I would accept a BT Reward Card).

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 42 of 1,295

Go to solution

You say good news but there have bee a good few mix reviews but the new update and new look Youview.

Will see what the update is like once my G4 box gets its update. 

Darren

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 43 of 1,295

Go to solution

You are correct that people learn how to use/ work around / learn to live with their set top boxes, hence why there are probably a lot of annoyed people. 

If one bug ridden system has been complete replaced with another then that is potentially annoying, I've not heard any one here say anthing positive about it yet, just that they can't read the programme titles. 

It's  a shame that there does not seem to be a way to opt out of this upgrade, I'd really rather wait until it's properly polished. I hope YouView are not forgetting that a lot of people *pay* for content and wont be impressed by a flashy new interface if it doesn't actually work.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 44 of 1,295

Go to solution

You can possibly prevent the automatic update by having the box unable to access the internet overnight between 1am & 4am or thereabouts. Mine are blocked by my router - perhaps parental controls on most routers will allow this.

Then when the box is turned on you get the chance to accept or refuse the update.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
TheLegendOfMart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 1,295

Go to solution

I have two G5 boxes, neither have updated yet?

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 46 of 1,295

Go to solution

Thank you for your critique Scointer ...... the main reason was posting it was indeed the latter part .....

Frankly, anything that throws more light on the way this has been done is relevant ....

0 Ratings
ukpetey
Contributor
Message 47 of 1,295

Go to solution

My UHD YouView box received its update last night. On quick inspection it looks nice. Once I've tested it properly I'll give my thoughts in some detail.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 1,295

Go to solution

Would I be correct to assume you can't force an update? Using a G4 box here. Did an update check this morning but saying I'm on latest software. No hurry to get but I do love a dabble Man LOL

0 Ratings
anotherjohnh
Contributor
Message 49 of 1,295

Go to solution

My retail Humax DTR1000 has had the new software applied, while I was away for a few days.

The change of layout I will probably get used to - it's hard work/different to use, but still useable.

The biggest bugbear for me is the handling of "episodes" in folders.

If you watch anything from a folder when you stop or back/return you are turfed out of the folder into recordings.

To delete what you've just watched you have to go back into the folder and navigate back to the episode you watched, one at a time through the maximum of five you can see. You can't "page down" on the channel button anymore.

It may seem trivial to somebody without folders full of recordings to watch on their youview box, but if you have 30 episodes of something it's **bleep** irritating.

(***bleep*** indeed)

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 50 of 1,295

Go to solution

Not trivial a very highly raised point and one that has been stated as being high on priority to sort...

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/forum-feedback-on-mytv-in-next-gen-software

0 Ratings