Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesC
Expert
Message 61 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

Is there anyway to find out when you will receive the update?

0 Ratings
Croftman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 1,295

Go to solution
I wouldnt worry about when it comes because there is ultimately nothing you can do. If you dont like it complain.
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 63 of 1,295

Go to solution

... or go back to Sky with 60% off 🙂

0 Ratings
Cal24
Beginner
Message 64 of 1,295

Go to solution
I know this shouldn't be asked on here but BT owns Plusnet so when will there youview boxes be updated to new software but if any members tell me to ask Plusnet they don't know nothing about new software
0 Ratings
Dave93
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 1,295

Go to solution

And of course BT are starting the roll out of the new software after the 30 days window following the price hike E mails. Co-incidence?

0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 66 of 1,295

Go to solution

The zapper box upgraded last night. Can't see any improvement, the players seem to take as long as ever to load. Generally don't like the new look and feel, the market research was wrong.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 67 of 1,295

Go to solution

@brianhes what broadband speed do you have ?

0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 68 of 1,295

Go to solution
3.5 to 4 mbps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TheLegendOfMart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 1,295

Go to solution

Still waiting for upgrade....

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 70 of 1,295

Go to solution
A rollout means just that so many at a time will get the upgrade. While your waiting make sure you hide all the channels you don't want before installing the upgrade as hide channels is temporarily unavailable in next gen. It keeps all currently hidden channels hidden at point of upgrade.

My husband was pressing the software upgrade button in the youview classic menus it came though for us just before midnight last night. We absolutely love next gen its the best thing since sliced bread. The box is quicker love the tile based my TV and players load faster ten out of ten its absolutely fantastic. The new BT player is outstanding. BT did really good with that. I'm glad we where one of the first to get it on the g5 my husband has been saying he is sick of waiting everyday since day 1 of the talk talk rollout started so my headache can now subside. But in all fairness we are really pleased with it the list based youview classic was clearly in need of a revamping its out of date when compared to other stbs on the market next gen has given the youview box a new lease on life.