Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 81 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

Very interesting, so the details of recordings are correct, but the presentation is completely different,  and the statement

"Everything else, such as your settings, favourites and recordings, will stay exactly the same." is meant to convey this!

If this is the way BT present the "facts" I find this very worrying, it is what some people might call being economical with the truth!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 82 of 1,295

Go to solution
The issue with series recordings being presented in a different order depending on how you access them puts me in mind of when the first Youview boxes were issued to triallists and one of the first things that everyone jumped on was the EPG scrolling the "wrong" way when using the Page Up / Page Down buttons. That is pressing Page Up caused the EPG to scroll down to the next page of higher-numbered channels. Thankfully this idiocy was soon changed but it has just struck me that it was caused by a mind-set ingrained by growing up using touch screens where swiping up *is* the natural way to go down to the next page of higher-numbered channels. I am wondering if this is at the root of so many of the other UI oddities that are being foisted upon us?
0 Ratings
anotherjohnh
Contributor
Message 83 of 1,295

Not again!

Go to solution

Has anyone else missed the first minute or so of a recording since the software change?

Mine messed up "only connect" last night - no obvious conflict with other recordings.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 84 of 1,295

Go to solution

Very interesting, so the details of recordings are correct, but the presentation is completely different,  and the statement

"Everything else, such as your settings, favourites and recordings, will stay exactly the same." is meant to convey this!

If this is the way BT present the "facts" I find this very worrying, it is what some people might call being economical with the truth!

I took this to mean what it says. It means that any settings changes, favourites lists (hidden channels), and recordings scheduled or complete would stay as is on your box so not requiring any additional changes to be made by the end user. Past upgrades have led to settings changes and loss of recording schedules etc. 

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 85 of 1,295

Go to solution

OK. if I arrange 15 cakes in a vertical line numbered downwards 1-15 and a donut(mini-screen), I then ice each one with a different colour, remove the donut, arrange the remaining cakes into a 3 X 5 grid.

I would look at the result and say things have changed.

Also why are BT taking so long to roll this out, I doubt that it is for technical reasons, more likely they have anticipated the amount of resultant queries from the new software and the long roll out allows them to spread them over a a longer period.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 86 of 1,295

Go to solution

Definitely agree @davidb00. I think BT know there are going to be a lot of disgruntled punters who may think twice about going forward with the tv service. Its hard to believe this software was actually tested. I'd hazard a guess there were a lot of frustrated beta testers who were simply being ignored when they pointed out the backwards move with this so called upgrade.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 87 of 1,295

Go to solution

Last time there was on update. I never got the update on my G4 box until nearly a month after BT started rolling out the update.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 88 of 1,295

Go to solution

I don't understand all the BT knocking regarding this update after all they are simply one of many partners who make up the youview system. If you look at the youview website you will see this new software is across the whole youview platform not just BT. So whilst BT have included their spin on the update by providing links to their  specific offerings the basic functions and changes are applied whether you are connected via any alternative source...or am I mistaken?

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 89 of 1,295

Go to solution
I don't anyone is knocking BT on this thread. They are knocking the changes.
0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 90 of 1,295

Go to solution

I for one am not knocking BT. I'm knocking all the partners responsible for this shambles of a 'downgrade' and the fact no one seemed to pay any heed to feedback from beta testers. No tester who knew what they were doing could seriously have backed the mess being made just now.

0 Ratings