Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 161 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
Have people received an email when their box has been updated? From memory doesnt the initial email state we will email you when the update is complete or something along those lines?
0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 162 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Jim-lad wrote:
Have people received an email when their box has been updated? From memory doesnt the initial email state we will email you when the update is complete or something along those lines?

Yep, just checked the email & it states "We’ll send you an email once your upgrade is complete".

I got the email on 17th March & update took place on 24th March - last Friday. I've yet to receive any further email although I wonder what would be the point of it anyway??

0 Ratings
mikef
Aspiring Expert
Message 163 of 1,295

Go to solution

My box got the update on Saturday, though I had no email notification (didn't know there was one coming!!).

The one thing I dont like is how the recordings are displayed in My View.  With a lot of recordings the screen looks cluttered and its hard to see titles, I much preferred the older standard list view, but kudos to BT for trying to do something new.

They have to try something these days as I guess the world has changed in the many years since I first signed up and people are questioning where to stay with BT Vision (have pondered it myself...)

m

0 Ratings
JohanR
Beginner
Message 164 of 1,295

Go to solution

The update has been performed on our box.

Unfortunately we notice two issues:

1. The TV guide in the menu seems to be stalling when scrolling through it.

2. The TV picture sometimes disappears for a few seconds (goes black) on normal channels (haven't checked on demand) and then tunes in again.

Any advice to solve these issues would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 165 of 1,295

Go to solution

@JohanR wrote:

The update has been performed on our box.

Unfortunately we notice two issues:

1. The TV guide in the menu seems to be stalling when scrolling through it.

2. The TV picture sometimes disappears for a few seconds (goes black) on normal channels (haven't checked on demand) and then tunes in again.

Any advice to solve these issues would be appreciated.

Fuinny you mention that (No 2) - I noticed that once or maybe twice,  once when watching the England match on ITV yesterday via TV's tuner - although the aerial does loop through the BT box.  The picture went blank although sound was still present. I did wonder if it was the BT box or just as break in the outside broadcast....

0 Ratings
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 166 of 1,295

Go to solution

Our G5 box finally auto-updated over the weekend.

Personally I quite like the refresh. Our kids took to it straight away.

Main points of concern from my side (which seem aligned with many other comments) is that some usability has been sacrificed for visual impact.  Main gripes :

- Really miss the mini-TV screen when viewing the guide.  Rationale is that "normal" programme watching is regularly interrupted by someone wanting to browse the guide to see what is on that is "better that the rubbish i'm watching".   The transparency effort is not very effective so this becomes really annoying. 

- No surprise, the recorded programs list is a mess. It looks fantastic until you want to search for something. That REALLY needs an option to toggle between tile and list views using a button press.

- Am I right in thinking that we cannot edit the channels lists any more ?  I really hope not as we normally chop-out all the shopping and other useless channels so that browsing the guide is easier.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 167 of 1,295

Go to solution

You're main concerns certainly tally with a lot of people (especially MyTV) although there seems to also be a lot of people who are quite happy with losing some functionality. The MyTV section is backwards (taking you on a journey to find the 1st recording in a series etc). 

As for editing channels, as of now at least, that function has been removed.

0 Ratings
sh1983
Aspiring Contributor
Message 168 of 1,295

Go to solution
Has any DTR-2100/G4 boxes provided by BT had the update yet? My box hasn't.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 169 of 1,295

Go to solution

@sh1983 wrote:
Has any DTR-2100/G4 boxes provided by BT had the update yet? My box hasn't.

Many people have been asking this same question on various forums. I have seen lots of posts from people posting their BT Retail boxes have updated to the new UI but I don't think ths is the same as BT subscriber boxes. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 170 of 1,295

Go to solution

I forced the update on mine a few days ago. I posted the workaround in an earlier post in this thread although I know it hasn't worked for everyone who has tried. Mine is a BT subscriber box.