Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sh1983
Aspiring Contributor
Message 171 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
Me and the maintenance mode didn't go down too well last time as my old DTR-T1000 was having HDMI handshake problems with the purple screen with my old Toshiba branded Vestel TV and it only got worse afterwards and it got that bad, we had to buy a new Samsung TV.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TheLegendOfMart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 172 of 1,295

Go to solution

Choosing Internet/USB Recovery - Keep Recordings worked for me on a G5 - DTRT4000. It grabbed the new OS.

I know it's already been said and I knew it was going to happen but just to re-iterate this resets everything on the box, you'd have to re set up all the settings/scheduled recordings, etc..

0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 173 of 1,295

Go to solution
One of my boxes as updating but the one in the living them which is the 4K box as not updated anyone know when the 4K boxes are going to be updated I got an email a few weeks ago but only one is updating so far

0 Ratings
TehJumpingJawa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 174 of 1,295

Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

Browsing the EPG of the new skin seems a lot slower; both navigation and delay in loading channel data when scrolling seems to have regressed significantly.

This is on a DBT2200.

The EPG is THE primary purpose of an STB; ANY performance regression is unacceptable.

Was performance of the new skin tested for performance regression? On all STB hardware variants?

How do i roll back this unrequested, and undesirable software update?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 175 of 1,295

Go to solution

@TehJumpingJawa wrote:

How do i roll back this unrequested, and undesirable software update?

You don't.  You will have to be patient and wait for further updates which will deal with any bugs improvements etc.  Youview are allegedly listening.  

Youview are currently front runner for the longest rollout in history.  Sky rolls out significant updates to their 10 million subscribers over a period of days. Youview will have taken six months by the time it's all completed. Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 176 of 1,295

Go to solution

If everything now has to load from the Cloud, then its going to be slower. All the reported extra images also have to be rendered.

I wonder what happens if you lose your Internet connection?

0 Ratings
EweViewer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 177 of 1,295

Go to solution

The use of the cloud makes the response of the box faster not slower. 

My DBT2200 is significantly faster with this new update. 

Suggest doing a soft reset if you are having problems - hold down the power button for about 8 seconds until the box restarts. 

0 Ratings
alanwhite16
Message 178 of 1,295

Go to solution

Like most other comments ,this update has seriously fallen flat.

I do wonder if anyone tests these updates first and get consumer feedback,or is it change for change sake

I dont want tiles for my recordings, a list is easier to read and choose from as i can actually read the title. When a recording has finished you have to go back and find it and delete it, or if its one of a series then the highlighted programme is not the one you have watched and could easily be deleted in error.

Also the list of now and next running on the bottom of the screen is no good for people who like to watch their programmes in HD as these are the SD ones. Perhaps if it was editable it would make sense

A brand new TV experience could have been a lot more,

* Ability to reinstate deleted recordings,just in case

* Option to record on demand programmes

* Guide option to open showing HD programmes only (or whatever your choice might be)

* Mini TV return on guide page

Hope it gets sorted soon

0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 179 of 1,295

Go to solution
My DBT2200 is also certainly not a lot faster, seems pretty sluggish. Before the release they should have answered two simple questions 1) is the functionality the same or improved, and 2) is it a least as fast as the old version.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 180 of 1,295

Go to solution

@EweViewer wrote:

The use of the cloud makes the response of the box faster not slower. 

That assumes that people have got a fast Internet connection, not everybody has. What happens if the cloud server goes down, is there some form of fallback, or does the box stop working?

0 Ratings