Upgraded last night.

Really like:

• Speed of response
  • Rapid population of EPG
  • Fast loading of Player and internet content - e.g. catchup TV
  • General integration of different services

Really dislike:

• Loss of ability to hide channels or unhide individual channels
  • When you press "Y" button default selection is "Guide" - I've got a separate button for that - should default to "MyTV"
  • Loss of list view option in "MyTV". Tile format is great for tablets and touch screens but confusing and hard to use with a TV and remote control.
  • Tiles are often unable to display full program text due to size - which is a bit rubbish.
  • Should give users a choice between old/new format - tiles or list view.  Same goes for the Scheduled actions - really doesn't work well.

0 Ratings
TehJumpingJawa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 222 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

1st crash last night, when attempting to change from channel 1, to 101. (Had EPG up, and jumped to 101 by typing channel number)

Was quite spectacular actually; channel switch took ~20s, lost sound, colours distorted, but stream kept decoding.

Attempted to switch to 102, got a blank screen for 30s then a weak signal popup. (A spurious error, signal strength is excellent)

Attempted to switch back to a regular definition channel; nope.

Power cycled device and proper function was restored.

"Sir, it's quite possible this firmware is not entirely stable."

If it happens again I'm going to be contacting CS for a non-faulty replacement running the previous firmware.

0 Ratings
mikemoyes1987
Contributor
Message 223 of 1,295

Go to solution
i've got the dtr t2100 and keep checking every day manually as well as automatically during the night but still nothing, has anyone else got it on a 2100?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Nland-Knight
Contributor
Message 224 of 1,295

Go to solution
Agree about the seeming inability to 'hide' channels. That's my only real complaint thus far. I don't have a brill Freeview reception, so I hide all the channels that recption breaks up on. If any new poor signal channels come on in the future, I'd like to hide those too. Hope they reinstate this function at some point.
0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 225 of 1,295

Go to solution
0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 226 of 1,295

"brand-new BT TV experience"

Go to solution

Please revert the software on my box to the previous version.

The "Brand-new BT TV experience" is utter garbage and I will not continue pay for a service with such a poor interface.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 227 of 1,295

Go to solution

I got a dtr t2100, and like you i have been checking everyday for this update but nothing. This morning though i manually went through it all again....and it all updated! Checked my "zapper" box in my bedroom, went through the same process, and that all updated to the new BT TV youview "experience" as well, so my advice, if it does not do it automatically during the night, keep manually checkng the software update option. 

Takes a little getting used to this new format but i havee to say, for the moment at least, am rather impressed, everything seems clearly layed out, i rather like the photo tiles in the recorded section and the BT Player seems much quicker now than previously,of course, it takes a little time going through all the categories, and it took me a little while to find the "by channel" tile, but after a while of investigatng all the differences between this and the old layout, am really impressed!

0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 228 of 1,295

Go to solution
At last my 4K updated this morning so I've got the updates on both boxes now
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 229 of 1,295

Go to solution
Got the update this morning. All seems mostly ok so for but I'm not sure about how my recordings have now been set in the new My TV. I also hope that they will bring back the hide channels feature.

Darren
0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 230 of 1,295

Go to solution

Spoke too soon perhaps! In the MyTV section i can see my "recordings" no problem, but just noticed when pressing the "scheduled" option, a blank screen appears, so i cannot see what recordings i have coming up in the next few days, anybody know a way around this please? Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Ratings