Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 231 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

Reply to myself now!!  As i was typing the above message, i kept the box on scheduled, looked up after finishing, and all the photo tiles and my scheduled recordings have now all appeared! Note to self....Be More **bleep** Patient Garry!!!

robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 232 of 1,295

Go to solution

Sometimes when tv boxes are updated they can become a little sluggish. A soft reboot could help. Just hold the standby button on top of the box for 8 seconds (until the box whirrs up again). You wont lose anything by doing it. Just refreshes the box.

0 Ratings
dfel100
Contributor
Message 233 of 1,295

Go to solution

I have not got an email from BT but I have just done a software update on both my boxes (DTRT2100) and they now have the updated software.  First (very early) impressions are very good I have to say.

0 Ratings
radiomarko
Contributor
Message 234 of 1,295

Go to solution

My DTR-T2100 updated straight to 27.47.0 today after receiving the email yesterday. Updated by checking for it.

I can confirm that signal strength and quality readings are indeed broken, both stuck at 100%, a real pain if troubleshooting interference etc.

Hopefully an admin will note this bug and get it fixed in the next update.

0 Ratings
Rekoil
Message 235 of 1,295

Recordings not playing since update

Go to solution
Since the last software update Ive been unable to play any of my recordings. I select a recording and press the ok button.... nothing happens. Am I missing something obvious??

Many thanks
0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 236 of 1,295

Go to solution

The 2100 box has now updated. The guide is certainly no faster populating than is was before. The MyTV is quite sluggish, moving around, particularly beween pages, definitely slower than before. Not fixed by soft reset.

0 Ratings
WilfH
Contributor
Message 237 of 1,295

Go to solution
Brian

I wonder what your broadband speed is. My suspicion is that the performance of NextGenUI is related to broadband speed and it would be useful I think to everyone if people would post their download speeds as well as their perception of how well it all works. Subjective I know but in the absence of controlled scientific tests it's the best we've got
0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 238 of 1,295

Go to solution

Current profile 3500kbps

0 Ratings
abp79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 239 of 1,295

Go to solution
I really like the new look of the update. Its much cleaner, simpler and feels very modern. The guide in particular is much better now in its categorisation and appearance and i love that.

Speed of operation seems pretty much the same as i had no problems before and that's kept the same. My only gripe is the tile appearance on the recordings which seems over complicated and not very easy to read. Perhaps an update could offer a list view as an alternative which would improve things in my view.

Overall it's an improvement in my opinion.
Bt you view + box ( 2100 i think?)
Line running at around 43 mbps .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
albarax
Contributor
Message 240 of 1,295

List View for MyTv Recordings/Scheduled ?

Go to solution

How do we get back the list view for MyTv Recordings/Scheduled programmes ?

Is there a way to toggle between tiles and list in the new UI ? Tiles are very confusing with lots of recordings!!!