Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 251 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@OLD_MAN wrote:

Urgent help please!   The new EPG colours, i.e. blue changing to very bright white, when flicking thru the channels/pogrammes is causing distress to a member of the family that has an epiletic type condition.   Can we urgently have a more subdued colour combination similar to the old EPG.

Overall really don't like the Picture Tile view for the recordings list and takes ages to go back to one you want when a series has been recorded.

Deleting a recording is now a punt in the dark 😞

Why has a good system been ruined????

@OLD_MAN There are several Accessibility options that Youview provide one of which changes the colour screen

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/accessibility/changing-the-colour-scheme

does that improve matters

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 252 of 1,295

Go to solution

@UKlio wrote:

A few issues with the new software:

1) You can only scroll one way in the guide -- once you get to channel one you have to go back the other way

2) Cannot find a hide channel button

3) Be very careful when deleting recordings as it seems that hitting the back button will delete everything behind that tile

4) mini screen in the corner when in guide mode

Not impressed BT, you should have beta'd this format

@UKlio

1. Scrolling up and down the EPG is there you do not have the wrap around scrolling that the oldgen has when you reach the top or bottom of your EPG.

2. Youview have said that hide channel functionally is on their developmental schedule but other than Adult channel hiding is not in the initial releases of the Next Gen.

3. Personally  I  set the delete confirmation option to on to ensure that I have to confirm all deletion of recordings. I believe you get alerted and asked for confirmation that you want to delete a series of recordings.

4. Youview now offer transparency rather than a mini screen. Remember you do have the option to pause whilst you look at the Guide or you can use rewind or skip back after exiting the guide if you want to see anything you missed whilst in the guide.  You also have the alternative to using the full guide if you only want to check on individual channels  by using the > or <  remote button whilst watching the current channel. That initially gives you the Now and next (and previous) for your current channel but you can change that to view the next channels in the guide by ^  up or down remote keys and you can continue to scroll one up or down one channel at a time to view the programs on those channels whilst having a large screen of your current watched channel. you can whilst in this mode also enter any channel number in via the remote and you will quickly get the Now and Next for that channel. Worth experimenting with to see if that is of benefit for you.

OLD_MAN
Contributor
Message 253 of 1,295

Go to solution

Many thanks for that information - Have now set High Contrast Colour to 'ON' and the new EPG is far more acceptable and does not give the 'Flashing' sensations.

That will help our situation admirably.

Regards   ......   Tony (OLD_MAN)

0 Ratings
UKlio
Message 254 of 1,295

Go to solution
Still cannot understand why they did away with wrap round scrolling. with so many channels on offer it makes it more long winded
0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 255 of 1,295

Go to solution

3. I believe you get alerted and asked for confirmation that you want to delete a series of recordings.

Yes I can confirm it does ask. In fact it mentions it twice on the dialogue, at the top it makes you aware its a series you may be deleting, and in the main dialogue beneath it tells you that you are about to delete a multiple of recordings (it gives you the number to be deleted).

So, if you don't act in haste they are giving ample warning.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 256 of 1,295

Go to solution

Although I'm not busting a gut to get this update given the amount of negativity surrounding it, it would be nice to know how the rollout is being implemented.  Sky would have rolled out this sort of update to 1.5 million customers in around 1 night and the rest of their 11 million subscribers in subsequent nights thereafter.

What on earth are BT Youview doing - why is it such a painfullly slow release?

0 Ratings
Dave93
Aspiring Expert
Message 257 of 1,295

Go to solution

My G4 box was updated yesterday and my first impression is the new look is OK but there's nothing really better than before and a few glaring mistakes.

The tiles are OK, why is one bigger than all the rest?

Pressing the Youview button should give you My TV as the first option, we already have a guide button.

When you look in a folder with series recordings in do you really need to see the same tile for however many episodes there are, just a list will do.

Why are episodes displayed in back to front order, surely most people want to watch the earliest one first.

Because they are displayed latest episode first you see a great big spoiler for the last episode in the series.

As previously stated the inability to delete when you have just watched something is just plain daft.

The transparency for the guide doesn't add anything, and is distracting.

I haven't spotted anything that makes me think wow that's a good idea I'm glad I've got this update.

My wife hates it.

My guess is that all of these points, and a few more, were identified by the beta testers, but they were not thought important enough to do anything about if it risked putting a self imposed deadline back.

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 258 of 1,295

Go to solution

New interface is up and running and seems fine to me. They still haven't added an option to allow the GUIDE to show the time in the 24h format. Is this too much of an ask? The YouView App can manage this! So I can use the 24h format to setup a recording via my phone but not on the BT TV box. Come on BT is this too much of an ask?

0 Ratings
radiomarko
Contributor
Message 259 of 1,295

Re: List View for MyTv Recordings/Scheduled ?

Go to solution

@robert1997  Yes I am aware of that, the link I gave shows says it is coming in the future, as you pointed out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 260 of 1,295

Go to solution
Both of my boxes are updated now. Just waiting for new channels and new apps.
0 Ratings