cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
396 Views
Message 321 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@srpsrp wrote:


 

Same here, I find this really annoying, it's like they couldn't decide where to put the real time, or perhaps the time on the left is meant to be the real time in the programme but the developers never got around to it.


Would make sense to put it there which would make it consistent with the display when playing recordings.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TNT555
Aspiring Expert
605 Views
Message 322 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

What an awful start,

 

I just wanted to watch the football on Bt sport UHD how hard can it be. I follow a few quick setup prompts even though the box appears to be fully operational and recording the football already.

 

setup done right, then some stupid video plays about the update and no button on the remote stops it except the power button, the video just resumes when you bring it out of standby, even though i can see the red light indicating it's recording the football, so to watch the football, i start yelling many expletives and have to get up and do a hard reset to stop the video for idiots created by idiots that can't be skipped. 

 

comes out of standby then the recoding wont restart saying i can't record this channel, so I delete the record and after a few of minutes of constantly seeing the error, the recording finally starts again.

The new interface it very slow and not very responsive, surly there has to be a way to disable the pictures from loading and slowing it down.

BT's sport content is still unwatchable on catch up via the BT player app, it's still half the correct orginal broadcast frame rate hence unwatchable. thus you have to remember to record everything, unlike Sky!!! It acceptable for film based material but not 50fps video.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
561 Views
Message 323 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
Sounds like your Internet speed is too slow or issues with the line.
0 Ratings
Spector1
Beginner
543 Views
Message 324 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@jam2000 wrote:
Sounds like your Internet speed is too slow or issues with the line.

No, BT Sport does have a choppy frame rate with catch up. I've got no problems with my line at all. BBC iplayer used to be like that until a couple of years ago, but then they improved it, unlike BT.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
538 Views
Message 325 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
I've never had any issues watching BT sport on my devices perfect pictures every time.
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
519 Views
Message 326 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

Aaaaaarrrrrrggghhhh they've got rid of the function to make your own Playlists in Music!!?!???!!!!

0 Ratings
Spector1
Beginner
468 Views
Message 327 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

 


@jam2000 wrote:
I've never had any issues watching BT sport on my devices perfect pictures every time.

We're not talking about the picture, we're talking about the frame rate. You said "devices", and presumably you mean your mobile or tablet so you can't judge it the same as through a TV.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
424 Views
Message 328 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

 


@TNT555 wrote:

What an awful start,

 

I just wanted to watch the football on Bt sport UHD how hard can it be. I follow a few quick setup prompts even though the box appears to be fully operational and recording the football already.

 

setup done right, then some stupid video plays about the update and no button on the remote stops it except the power button, the video just resumes when you bring it out of standby, even though i can see the red light indicating it's recording the football, so to watch the football, i start yelling many expletives and have to get up and do a hard reset to stop the video for idiots created by idiots that can't be skipped. 

 

comes out of standby then the recoding wont restart saying i can't record this channel, so I delete the record and after a few of minutes of constantly seeing the error, the recording finally starts again.

The new interface it very slow and not very responsive, surly there has to be a way to disable the pictures from loading and slowing it down.

BT's sport content is still unwatchable on catch up via the BT player app, it's still half the correct orginal broadcast frame rate hence unwatchable. thus you have to remember to record everything, unlike Sky!!! It acceptable for film based material but not 50fps video.


 

They do say paitience is a virtue.  Why didn't you simply let it finish the setup?

 

Not seeing any slowness on my G4 box and I'm like the update.  Can't answer about sport as it's the first thing I got rid of when subscribing. 

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
421 Views
Message 329 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
I dont see any issues when watching on the TV either with BT sport
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
411 Views
Message 330 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@brianhes wrote:

Can't think of anything more patronising than dismissing people dislike for the reduction in functionality and speed, when it was put forward as an upgrade.

 


Can't see the issues personally.  Yes there are a few bugs to be ironed out (only to be expected) and a couple of missing features to be reintroduced.  However, on the whole it's a pretty fair update and looks better than what went before. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings