Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
20-20vision
Aspiring Contributor
Message 391 of 1,295

New Update to User Interface.

Go to solution

This has been a totally irksome update, which has made every function harder to use. The hallmark of the new user interface is taking more time to operate:

The Guide does not show as many channels now so you click more, it does not wrap around so you have to go back once reaching the end of the list, clicking more.

You cannot now remove individual channels from your ‘personalised’ list. So if you don’t want new shopping channels you can’t remove them. This is absurd and needs to be sorted as a priority.

My recordings are now shown as pictures, I assume there is no way of changing this to just text? Less programmes on each screen, extra clicking to find anything. Pictures which we don’t need with often incomplete titles as they are too long for the picture!

The fast forward bar now blues out the bottom third of the screen. For your next update why not make that the bottom two thirds? Its not like we have to see the screen as we fast forward or anything!

I have only every made one post about changes to BT TV’s user interface, there is a reason for that, no changes have caused any issues. This is a total shambles in comparison.

We are not children, we do not appreciate colour in place of content, big titles, pretty pictures. A user interface is meant to first and foremost function well. Please understand that’s what we want.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 392 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
Well said! I view this as a retrograde step. I see nothing that works better than it did before.
0 Ratings
EssexGeoff
Beginner
Message 393 of 1,295

Go to solution
With this 'upgrade' BT have given us a User Interface designed for a touch device such as a phone. For a TV it''s an absolute disaster (particularly for Recordings). Perhaps they want to sell us some sort of light pen pointing device? What on earth were they thinking?
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 394 of 1,295

Go to solution

@EssexGeoff wrote:
With this 'upgrade' BT have given us a User Interface designed for a touch device such as a phone. For a TV it''s an absolute disaster (particularly for Recordings). Perhaps they want to sell us some sort of light pen pointing device? What on earth were they thinking?

It's not actually BTs update.  It is Youview's update and although BT are joint partners in the venture they are only one of the companies involved.  

I don't have an issue like some have with the guide as I use the page up/down function to skip a page at a time.  One area that does need sorting though is the series recordings.  This has been mentioned by others ad-infinitum - why when you have finished watching a recording does it dump the viewer back into live TV?  Previously when you had finished watching the recorded programme it would take you back to the recordings section with the option to delete the 'watched programme'.

The boast made by Youview is that by using HTML5 in the cloud this gives them the ability to make improvements or add featuers in hours or days whereas previously this would have taken them weeks or months - what's happened, what's gone? wrong? 

0 Ratings
jazzbucca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 395 of 1,295

Go to solution

The UI is terrible, recordings are so difficult to find. Who tested this before it was implemented?  I can imagine the meeting now. "so we have a new UI and it looks great" "great, you have tested it, right?" "errr yes, we've shown that it looks prettier, and even those customers who don't like it, will have to put up with it as they are tied into a contract" "OK great, lets go for lunch... We deserve it!" 

WNkers, so disappointed with this! 

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 396 of 1,295

Go to solution

@jazzbucca wrote:

The UI is terrible, recordings are so difficult to find.

Just press youview button & recordings are under 'My TV'  - Dates & titles still there & now a picture too. Why is that "so difficult to find" ??

I find the new UI a significant improvement...

0 Ratings
Dawnrazor_uk
Beginner
Message 397 of 1,295

Go to solution

*** UPDATE ***

Red button + now working!

Got up this morning, on firing up the bt box I noticed straight away the red button + on the top right of the screen was showing. However, on pressing the red button I got a message that said sorry iplayer is not available on your device.
I decided to try another softboot and it now works again!

0 Ratings
kabkab90
Contributor
Message 398 of 1,295

Go to solution

I seem to be able to use the iPlayer from the red button but if I go to Payer and Apps for the iPlayer I get the "sorry iplayer is not available on your device." message.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 399 of 1,295

Go to solution
Why does the Schedule take so long to populate and why does it miss out timers taking several attempts going out and in again to get it to display the full list properly?
0 Ratings
HaggisUK
Contributor
Message 400 of 1,295

Go to solution

Received the new update last weekend and all players worked fine. Today I tried to access BT player and got the loading screen for 10+ seconds...player never loaded and jumped back to channel I was watching before trying to access player(no error message given) Same problem with iPlayer./ITV player.

Anyone else having this problem?

0 Ratings