Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 411 of 1,295

Re: Red button + not working after new update

Go to solution

@robert1997 wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe@Dawnrazor_uk@zulu17  **CORRECTION to my earlier red button post** It WAS working last time I checked on Next Gen for me BUT on checking just now it is NOT working (only the old style text as reported by Dawnrazor). I couldn't say how long it hasn't been working as I've now reverted to primarily using my Freesat box for tv.

It does work on Freesat etc so clearly not a BBC fault. I'm wondering if this change could've came in with 27.47.0 as it definitely worked with 27.46.0 for me.

---------------------------------------------
Well I did contact the BBC.

I received a response from the BBC to my enquiry which says----

We understand Red Button+ on Youview has disappeared.

We did identify a fault on 7 April affecting Connected Red Button on BT YouView boxes. We worked closely with relevant teams to ensure this was fixed as quickly as we could. The issue is now resolved and Youview has advised that some audience members may have to perform a retune of their channels before it is restored

I found that a soft reset  ( hold power button for 8 seconds) resolved the issue in my case on Friday evening.

kabkab90
Contributor
Message 412 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

It does for me Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
kabkab90
Contributor
Message 413 of 1,295

Go to solution

It does for me

0 Ratings
20-20vision
Aspiring Contributor
Message 414 of 1,295

New Update to User Interface.

Go to solution

New Update to User Interface.

This has been a totally irksome update, which has made every function harder to use. The hallmark of the new user interface is taking more time to operate:

The Guide does not show as many channels now so you click more, it does not wrap around so you have to go back once reaching the end of the list, clicking more.

You cannot now remove individual channels from your ‘personalised’ list. So if you don’t want new shopping channels you can’t remove them. This is absurd and needs to be sorted as a priority.

My recordings are now shown as pictures, I assume there is no way of changing this to just text? Less programmes on each screen, extra clicking to find anything. Pictures which we don’t need with often incomplete titles as they are too long for the picture!

The fast forward bar now blues out the bottom third of the screen. For your next update why not make that the bottom two thirds? Its not like we have to see the screen as we fast forward or anything!

I have only every made one post about changes to BT TV’s user interface, there is a reason for that, no changes have caused any issues. This is a total shambles in comparison.

We are not children, we do not appreciate colour in place of content, big titles, pretty pictures. A user interface is meant to first and foremost function well. Please understand that’s what we want.

***Ever so grateful if you did not hide this in a thread containing hundreds of other complaints.***

Highlighted
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 415 of 1,295

Re: Red button + not working after new update

Go to solution

@zulu17  Yes I believe there was an issue with iplayer on Roku boxes around the same time which I only read about late last night (early this morning). Only reason I didn't think of it (red button+) being a BBC fault was I had it working on Freesat which is the same version as Youview. Thanks for the info and for following it up @zulu17.

AGM1
Message 416 of 1,295

Re: New Update to User Interface.

Go to solution

Totally agree, came home after a few days away to find that the update had cause my YouView box to lock up and missing several days recordings.

OK, some are on iPlayer etc but, thanks to BT, I can’t get fast broadband so this is not always a viable alternative!

BT are treating us like kids - what can possibly be easier to look at than a list of programs - why do we have to have semi-meaningless images to puzzle over - I find it much harder and slower to find things now. Plus we’ve lost the mini-viewer that was a much better touch than the replacement “ghost” image that we get behind the planner.

So far I haven’t found one thing that is better/easier to use than the previous UI.

Is there an option to revert to the earlier version? If not, why not?

0 Ratings
frankg4553
Beginner
Message 417 of 1,295

Re: New Update to User Interface.

Go to solution

I hate this new interface.....it's so confusing and difficult to see what you want to see......give us back the old, simple, clean and easy-to-use version!

0 Ratings
paddycfc22
Beginner
Message 418 of 1,295

How do i record after the update

Go to solution
So I come back from holiday and my BT box updated with all the new layouts and guides. All my recording shows still have the small red 'r' next to it but haven't recorded the past week. So I then went to record a few shows but the 'r' on the remote doesn't work anymore after the update. How do I do it now ?

Thanks for any help
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 419 of 1,295

Re: YOUVIEW software update

Go to solution

@cmburbury wrote:

Does anybody like the YOUVIEW software update. Everything is cluttered with pictures at the expense of text and programme names. The old MYVIEW listing was easy to use. If I could revert to the old software I would, but how do I do that?

Yes I like the new software - with one or two caveats which I have already outlined.  The new UI is bright and modern and is where UI's from all the large manufactuerers are now headed e.g. SkyQ.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 420 of 1,295

Go to solution

@srpsrp wrote:

Two more bugs for you:

1. If you select R to record a programme from the guide and the press 'back' from the 'series or single' menu ( which putting it kindly, has awful styling may I add) it still adds a R to the programme ? 

2. If you press FF 10s enough times, the HDMI audio eventualy goes silent, you have to reset the HDMI by switching off your amp or presumably rebooting the box ( nothing else I tried would fix it)

Perhaps this time next year BT will have sorted some of these problems out. What on earth are they playing at ? 

I don't know of anyone who has FF set to 10 seconds.  A minute yes but 10 seconds, what's the point of that?

Re: audio - my TV recievies audio via optical so again I don't find this an issue.  It's Youview who are tasked with sorting out issues not BT. 

0 Ratings