cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 521 of 1,295

Re: Can I revert to old YouView software?

Go to solution

Thanks. I do hope they are listening, and that something happens quickly. Whatever happened to IIABDMI (if it ain't broke, don't mend it)?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DaveGrohl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 522 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

Another day another problem. The mindboggling stupidity continues. I'm watching a prog I have a long list of episodes of, I click play to start watching and click close straight away to get rid of that godawful banner strip at the bottom and guess what? It kicks me out of the programme back to "go". I've tried it several times now with the same result so it's obv designed (!!) to do that. So for all of you offering the "press close" advice to get rid of the banner does this not seem a bit silly to say the least? I feel like this software is eating away at the remaining years I have on this planet it's so byzantine and slow.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 523 of 1,295

Go to solution

@DaveGrohl  To get rid of the banner I press "Back" as "Close" is effectively an "exit" button. Hope that works for you.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 524 of 1,295

Go to solution

@srpsrp wrote:

yes I think it does have a buffer. It doesn't let you record whole programmes from half way through like Sky though.

Ah, I see now.  Never found the need to do that.  I either plan ahead and record anything I intend to watch (even if watching live) or rely on the modern day solution that the catch up services such as iPlayer provide.  So for me *not* the biggest thing missing.  That honour goes to the lack of manual fixed time recordings with close second the loss of means to quickly and easily move the play point that we used to have.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 525 of 1,295

Go to solution

jpadeutsch wrote:

Some of the really annoying changes are:-

4. On pressing the OK key while viewing a channel, the channel number and program title are display. Previously it also displayed the previous and next program titles. These have been removed. I don't miss the previous prgoram,but the next program is useful.

Use the >  right arrow keys your remote.

you can I believe use it whilst watching your current programme 

also you can  it after having first pressed the OK  key  ( the on next option).

the previous programmes are also listed.

the < (left arrow) key can be used similarly to view previous programmes on the same channel.

Oncei that ON Next/Previous mini screen you can use Up or down key to see current , next and previously broadcast programs for subsequent channels whilst continuing to watch the currently tuned channel on the remainder of the screen. By keying a channel number you can in thiis mode  set he on now/previous/0n next for that channel .

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 526 of 1,295

Go to solution

@zulu17 wrote:

@jpadeutsch wrote:

Some of the really annoying changes are:-

4. On pressing the OK key while viewing a channel, the channel number and program title are display. Previously it also displayed the previous and next program titles. These have been removed. I don't miss the previous prgoram,but the next program is useful.

Use the >  right arrow keys your remote.

you can I believe use it whilst watching your current programme 

also you can  it after having first pressed the OK  key  ( the on next option).

the previous programmes are also listed.

the < (left arrow) key can be used similarly to view previous programmes on the same channel.

Oncei that ON Next/Previous mini screen you can use Up or down key to see current , next and previously broadcast programs for subsequent channels whilst continuing to watch the currently tuned channel on the remainder of the screen. By keying a channel number you can in thiis mode  set he on now/previous/0n next for that channel .

But the point made is valid, it no longer shows you the next programme when you press OK. Not great design, unless you have ESP or are happy to press random keys in the hopes of discovering hidden features.

0 Ratings
DaveGrohl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 527 of 1,295

Go to solution

Robert, the problem is that the buttons work differently according to whereabouts in the software you are. Not great design but then none of this is. And a two second banner timeout would remove this as an issue as it was in the old software.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 528 of 1,295

Go to solution

@srpsrp wrote:

@gomezz wrote:

@Jim-lad wrote:

The real and most useful of missiing features with Youview is a 'recording buffer'.  Why on earth the box can't function like other Humax products and have a 2 hour recording buffer is one of the great mysteries of life and quite frankly beggars belief.

People have mentioned this several times and I must be misunderstanding what they (and you) mean as my Youview box has a "recording buffer" which allows me to pause and rewind while watching live TV?

yes I think it does have a buffer. It doesn't let you record whole programmes from half way through like Sky though.

Hence it doesn't have a recording buffer which is what I was referring to.  Example - with the Humax products I can be near the end of a one hour programme and suddenly think to myself 'I wish I had recorded this'.  I then need to rewind to the start of the programme then hit the record button.  The second I do this I am launched back into the live programme but the programme will also then become a recording from start to finish.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 529 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Jim-lad wrote:

@srpsrp wrote:

@gomezz wrote:

@Jim-lad wrote:

The real and most useful of missiing features with Youview is a 'recording buffer'.  Why on earth the box can't function like other Humax products and have a 2 hour recording buffer is one of the great mysteries of life and quite frankly beggars belief.

People have mentioned this several times and I must be misunderstanding what they (and you) mean as my Youview box has a "recording buffer" which allows me to pause and rewind while watching live TV?

Hence it doesn't have a recording buffer which is what I was referring to.  Example - with the Humax products I can be near the end of a one hour programme and suddenly think to myself 'I wish I had recorded this'.  I then need to rewind to the start of the programme then hit the record button.  The second I do this I am launched back into the live programme but the programme will also then become a recording from start to finish.

My Humax Foxsat doesn't even do this, it pops up a message saying somthing like 'TSR playback will terminate and recording will start from current time' what ever that's supposed to mean. I'd like to update to the later Freesat box alas I can't afford it ! 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 530 of 1,295

Go to solution

@DaveGrohl wrote:

Another day another problem. The mindboggling stupidity continues. I'm watching a prog I have a long list of episodes of, I click play to start watching and click close straight away to get rid of that godawful banner strip at the bottom and guess what? It kicks me out of the programme back to "go". I've tried it several times now with the same result so it's obv designed (!!) to do that. So for all of you offering the "press close" advice to get rid of the banner does this not seem a bit silly to say the least? I feel like this software is eating away at the remaining years I have on this planet it's so byzantine and slow.

You should be pressing 'back' as others have commented not close - this is a user error. Smiley Happy

BTW I'm liking the 'god awful banner' at the bottom of the screen.  I can select live programes to watch or my recordings via the banner - note to Youview - please keep this.

0 Ratings