Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 621 of 1,295

Re: YouView Software Update

Go to solution

@DaveV52 wrote:

Thanks for the information, Keith.   We were only subjected to this "enhancement" a couple of days ago and I didn't realise that such a long standing thread would be about the same topic.

Its often missed by people who have just received the update. I know its a long thread but there are a lot of issues raised, so instead of replying to each thread with the same information, it makes sense to direct people to this thread Smiley Wink

It also keeps all of the feedback in the same place, making it easier for the moderators to see, instead of wading through multiple threads trying to correlate all of the feedback.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 622 of 1,295

Go to solution

I am amazed!   I posted a formal complaint with BT via their website just after I posted my original message in this forum this morning.  They just rang me to say they are very much aware of the problems and that YouView have committed to a new release within two weeks which they hope will resolve them.   He wasn't able to be specific about which problems so we shall see ...   The proof of the pudding, etc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 623 of 1,295

Go to solution

BT always late to the party. Those of us on a retail box getting it now. 

Bit of an improvement.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-software-update-27-50-0?_ga=1.1744987...

It's like being in primary school in here. RD.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 624 of 1,295

Go to solution

I've recently received the retail version of the software on an ex-BT TV box.  It's not that bad, but they have clearly put prettiness ahead of usability.  Next time, they need to get an engineer to specify the software, rather than a designer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 625 of 1,295

New Youview Software - not good enough

Go to solution

Last night I found I had (on my retail YouViewbox) version 27.50.0 - which starts to fix the list of recordings by making the "tiles" slightly bigger and all the same size - no large first tile.  It doesn't really help in finding programmes recorded as the tiles are still not big enough to show the full name, let alone the date and number of recordings.  It seems that Youview do not intend to provide a proper list as we had.

I suppose this is being tested on mugs who bought their box - it hasn't arrived on my BT supplied box yet - I don't have BTTV.  Could BT, as shareholders in YouView say what the timetable is for the necessary repairs to the YouView software?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 626 of 1,295

Re: New Youview Software - not good enough

Go to solution

Why on earth don't they provide a list option as an altermnative to tiles. I'm getting out of youview as soon as contracts allow and will go back to eyeTV and satellite!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 627 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

the one thing they did get right was changing default to "record full series" rather than "this one only" when you hit the record button from the guide.

sadly that was just about the only improvement. Everything else went backwards.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 628 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

I think there should be a separate strand for each software iteration.

Geoff

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 629 of 1,295

Updated Youview

Go to solution

Just updated to the new Youview software and hate the new tile effect for stored recordings - is there any way I can revert to the previous listing style?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 630 of 1,295

Re: Updated Youview

Go to solution

No. Sorry. Youview dont seem to have an intention to do that.

It's like being in primary school in here. RD.
0 Ratings