cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 631 of 1,295

Selecting earliest of 96 recordings

Go to solution

Just been updated - we have 96 episodes of MASH. Every time we go into the MASH recordings it shows us the latest but we want to watch the earliest recording first. Is there an easier way than pressing the left arrow 96 times - and I.m not convinced we can get all the way back I suspect after about 20 presses it gives up. The old method of navigation was much easier. 

Is there a way or is this a bit of software never properly tested.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 632 of 1,295

Re: Selecting earliest of 96 recordings

Go to solution

Hang in there @SurreyAlan  If you read the previous page you will see that has changed with newest sw version which i have on a retail box. No doubt bt will get it in a few weeks. They always seem to be the last to get updat

It's like being in primary school in here. RD.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 633 of 1,295

Re: Selecting earliest of 96 recordings

Go to solution

@SurreyAlan For the present rather than separate left arrow presses have you tried holding the left arrow and I believe you will continue to move (glide) through the episodes until you reach the end. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 634 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
Absolutely hate this new format. The tiles might be great for the teens who need pretty pictures & constant stimulation but the rest of us were quite happy with a list, thank you.
To get to the second page of recordings instead of moving left or right I now have to go down or up which means negotiating through the tiles to get to the bottom of the first page - 3 moves instead of 1 each page, what a useful idea!
Then, when we've finished watching the programme it goes back to the television so to delete it I have to go back to the menu and find the recording again to delete it whilst hoping I don't pick the wrong episode - who's bright idea was that?
I want to easily pick a recording, watch it & delete it - is that too much to ask?
BT, you are very much in danger of becoming like a well known online auction house I frequent. Changes for the sake of changes. Never asking users if they actually want these changes & not listening when they tell you they don't, so they leave in their droves.
I have no doubt it's been said before but I'll say it again. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 635 of 1,295

Go to solution

Just got the update - it's horrible!!  The tiles view in recordings is a complete mess.  Please provide an option to have a list view as before. 

The DTR 1000 box appears to be reacting faster so it's not all bad but was the update beta tested with a broad cross-section of users?  It doesn't seem so. 

If it can't be changed please give us an option to rollback to the previous version.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 636 of 1,295

Go to solution

Just got the update today, what a mess. Like most companies they just can't leave thing well alone when something is ok. The things that need fixing are ignored.

It's not the size of the wand but the magic in the stick.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 637 of 1,295

Go to solution
Got this yesterday: seems fine to me. "Get rid of Windows, what's wrong with DOS?!"
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 638 of 1,295

Go to solution
Totally agree. Nothing wrong with it at all.
Highlighted
Expert
Message 639 of 1,295

Go to solution

Some seem to be complaining about the new look software not just on here but on other forums as well but apart from siome more minor improvments that could be made and to bring back one or two things missing from the old software. I dont think the new look software is as bad as some pepole are making it out to be.

I have had the update on my G4 box 2 weeks now and just over a week on my old T1000.

My sister got the update to her T2000 retail box just over a week ago and says it seems ok.

Darren

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 640 of 1,295

Go to solution

I have the updated You View version.

I have BT Music and used to be able to make my own playlists but dont appear to be able to do so with the new version - does anyone know how to create a playlist? You can select favourites but it only plays one sat a time and not in sequence.

0 Ratings