Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 721 of 1,295

Update 27.50.0

Go to solution

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to let you know that BT will be commencing the rollout of a further update to the next generation BTTV experience.  Update 27.50.0 will commence today and will be rolled out in phases over the next few weeks.

This update brings a number of improvements to the MyTV section.  Please see this thread over on the YouView forum to see what is included: Forum feedback on MyTV in Next Gen software

Cheers,

Robbie

That's a really unhelpful link! 

This is more useful: https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-software-update-27-50-0

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 722 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 723 of 1,295

Go to solution
Truly awful catastrophe of an 'update'
Highlighted
Message 724 of 1,295

Go to solution

Hi SeanD,

I have no doubt a lot of effort went into this new release but I'm sorry to say it leaves a lot to be desired from an end user perspective.  It seems the modern 'app' style appearance has taken priority over usability and I think more time was needed in beta testing with real end users in their homes.

Main gripes from the first few days are

- It takes more button presses to get to the PVR content listings, then also takes longer to find the show you want from a screen of images of different sizes than it did scrolling to them from the old list.

- When you click on a Series folder the focus goes to the latest episode whereas you pretty much always want to watch the oldest one first, right?

- Once you've watched a show it used to be easy to Delete it, now you can very easily end up deleting the whole folder, and deleting the one you've watched is just clumsily designed, not intuitive.

If there was a rollback option to the old design or a config setting to stick to the 'Classic' look I'd love that while these usability issues are resolved.  From my point of view these are bugs/design flaws which should never have made it to a production release.

Thanks,

Tom 

Beginner
Message 725 of 1,295

Go to solution
I just deleted 33 episodes of The Chase and am fuming.
When I stop a finished playback of a programme it takes me back to the new stupid pictures menu like you say - no mention of 'back' though, it just goes there.
Unfortunately my mind set was an automatic so as soon as I finished I stopped & press delete (as I have done a million times before ) it then asked if I wanted to delete the whole series and before I could correct or confirm, deleted them all any way!

I'm not surprised a few people 'love it', some people are just predisposed towards new things & oooh look, pretty pictures, I'm not.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 726 of 1,295

Go to solution
For me, the update is far from an improvement. All button presses seem to be opposite to the way they were. Additional presses are now required. Functions that were used have not been included. I hesitate to even mention those awful tiles that for any series are clones with shortened titles because I can feel my blood pressure rising. I mean, even my car can scroll song titles. Youview appears to have been created to help the providers, not the user. The software that is supposed to be easy to update is only having a very few of the glaring design mistakes improved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 727 of 1,295

Go to solution

@srpsrp wrote:

@Toomanychoices wrote:
I just deleted 33 episodes of The Chase and am fuming.
When I stop a finished playback of a programme it takes me back to the new stupid pictures menu like you say - no mention of 'back' though, it just goes there.
Unfortunately my mind set was an automatic so as soon as I finished I stopped & press delete (as I have done a million times before ) it then asked if I wanted to delete the whole series and before I could correct or confirm, deleted them all any way!

I'm not surprised a few people 'love it', some people are just predisposed towards new things & oooh look, pretty pictures, I'm not.

I'm not aware that 'they' have acknowledged "it's seriously bad" ??

There are a few tweaks to rectify a couple of issues in 27.50.0 whick is rolling out as from today. Otherwise, many people myself included prefer the new look. And not because I'm "predisposed towards new things & oooh look, pretty pictures" but because I prefer the new look& feel it improves functionality.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 728 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Neild2

I think you've kind of answered your own question: There probably is very little value in BTMusic.

How people are consuming music has changed, as I'm sure everyone knows, it's why music channels are struggling too.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 729 of 1,295

Go to solution

As I have said before: I think the update is 'fine.'

No big whoop as 'content is king' and there is no new content. An App Store would've been nice, but 'hey ho.'

I do like the programme tiles on the on-screen channel info though. I don't wish to be called a 'yoof' who prefers 'looking at pretty pictures rather than reading anything.' I find it much quicker to scroll through to see what's coming up. 

My biggest problem with BT TV hasn't been resolved by this update, and occurred again on Sunday: I recorded the Boxing on BT Sport Saturday night, and forgot to record the proceeding programmes and the recording cut off before the 'Main Event' had even begun! This should be no problem but BT are very slow at uploading sporting events to 'Catch-Up' and I had to wait until Monday to watch it -avoiding the result of a big fight/match/race etc. would prove impossible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 730 of 1,295

Hiding channels in the EPG

Go to solution
Hi

Unfortunately had to factory reset my T4000 resulting in setting up again but now with all the channels listed. Does anyone know if YW have an intention to allow filtering of channels in a near future update?

Thanks
0 Ratings