Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 971 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
Check the sky Q forum first. Many experienced sky users are warning to stay away from the bug ridden sky Q interface at the minute.
Personally there are plus and minuses but if you are looking at something because you don't like the new interface you should look elsewhere as they both follow similar tracks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 972 of 1,295

Go to solution

Trouble is there isn't much alternatives that I am aware of.  Whilst the skyq forum does report some issues I still think it offers more than the BT offering.  Still on the fence though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 973 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Rockintone wrote:

Trouble is there isn't much alternatives that I am aware of.  Whilst the skyq forum does report some issues I still think it offers more than the BT offering.  Still on the fence though.

Hmm! SkyQ - a world of pain for an even larger monthly subscription.  I really would tread carefully - beware of what you wish for.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 974 of 1,295

Go to solution
Sky q is excellent, had it for a little while now, no problems at all. Light years ahead of what BT/YouView offer.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 975 of 1,295

Go to solution

I've had experience of the Sky Q having spent a fortnight recently staying with some mates. I have to concur with @Alan-Brazil as I found it to be a very reliable unit and definitely light years ahead of what I have with Youview. Their Q gets a lot more usage than my Youview box and I am certainly tempted to jump ship soon. Youview is ok if you only want a little addon to free telly, especially if you could get it at a reduced rate, and with a bit more work could become a much more reliable system but having enjoyed Q it's hard to see BT or Youview catching up anytime soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 976 of 1,295

Go to solution

Unbelievable that they release s/w that doesn't allow you to hide channels.  If it's not fixed soon, I'm off.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 977 of 1,295

Re: BT/YouView 27.50.0 Consensus

Go to solution

I agree with all your points, plus the removal of hiding channels.  I also can't understand why there's no favourites list for channels, by which you can make your own even more restrictive list.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 978 of 1,295

Re: BT/YouView 27.50.0 Consensus

Go to solution
My workaround for having a favourites list is to use a Harmony remote control. 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 979 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Alan-Brazil wrote:
Sky q is excellent, had it for a little while now, no problems at all. Light years ahead of what BT/YouView offer.

Light years ahead in price too. Smiley Embarassed Pity they didn't feature you on Watchdog when they did a special on it - you know just to add balance. 

We have had a Sky van parked up at our next door neighbours for most of the afternoon trying to sort out their SkyQ problems. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 980 of 1,295

Go to solution

@robey wrote:

Unbelievable that they release s/w that doesn't allow you to hide channels.  If it's not fixed soon, I'm off.

You can't hide a few channels (currently) so you are ditching the service - really?  Your post comes across like a petulant child threatening to take his ball home.

I tend to watch mostly the same channels of which I also know their numbers so I'm not bothered whether channels are hidden or not as I rarely looks at the guide in any great detail. 

0 Ratings