cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
952 Views
Message 991 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

I would imagine everyone would watch a series from the beginning, it wouldn't make any sense to do otherwise. Surely the episode at the start of a series would be the "first in time".

 

The thing is, Mike would appear to still be on older software, (a lot of people still waiting to be updated according to various forums), which means he's still getting dropped into the most recent recording rather than into the earliest/first recording as now happens for those of us on the improved updated software.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
903 Views
Message 992 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@Jim-lad wrote:


Well I don't know about you but I generally start watching a series at the begining not i.e. the first in time, so surely that is how the software is intended to function?


But if you have several episodes of a series recorded and already watched the first few then it would be better to put focus on the first unplayed epsiode.

 

And better when you stop playing an episode to have the focus still on that episode in the series list.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
852 Views
Message 993 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@MadRob wrote:

I would imagine everyone would watch a series from the beginning, it wouldn't make any sense to do otherwise. Surely the episode at the start of a series would be the "first in time".

 

The thing is, Mike would appear to still be on older software, (a lot of people still waiting to be updated according to various forums), which means he's still getting dropped into the most recent recording rather than into the earliest/first recording as now happens for those of us on the improved updated software.


So the answer surely is - update the software manually by clicking the check for the latest update/software option.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
849 Views
Message 994 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@gomezz wrote:

@Jim-lad wrote:


Well I don't know about you but I generally start watching a series at the begining not i.e. the first in time, so surely that is how the software is intended to function?


But if you have several episodes of a series recorded and already watched the first few then it would be better to put focus on the first unplayed epsiode.

 

And better when you stop playing an episode to have the focus still on that episode in the series list.


Perhaps that would be asking for too much?  My Freesat box is supposed to function in this manner and sometimes it does but occasionally it has a bad day at the office and won't play ball. 

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
829 Views
Message 995 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@Jim-lad  "So the answer surely is - update the software manually by clicking the check for the latest update/software option".

 

Indeed that does make sense except that doesn't appear to be working for some people. Although the Youview Community site has 27.50.0 marked as "complete" for BT boxes that clearly isn't the case. I've saw various mentions of this from folk online and personally know of two people nearby who haven't had the update and can't force the update either despite going through all the troubleshooting methods.

 

Maybe they will get a jump to the next version once it is ready for distribution as there are reports another update is due shortly for retail boxes. From that I'd assume we will get it at some point after they have completed receiving it. The BT boxes always seem to be the last to get updates judging by the rollout of all the previous versions.

 

 

 
0 Ratings
Highlighted
jbancroft1
Aspiring Expert
769 Views
Message 996 of 1,295

How do you delete Channels from the EPG?

Go to solution

Hi,

since the new software update, the method of cancelling channels has changed....how is it now done?

Thanks

0 Ratings
gillyallan
Aspiring Contributor
751 Views
Message 997 of 1,295

Re: How do you delete Channels from the EPG?

Go to solution
I'm sure you can't now. If they were hidden before the update then they stay hidden but so far they haven't reintroduced hiding channels
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
659 Views
Message 998 of 1,295

Re: How do you delete Channels from the EPG?

Go to solution

@gillyallan wrote:
I'm sure you can't now. If they were hidden before the update then they stay hidden but so far they haven't reintroduced hiding channels

Aren't you glad 'Youview' moved across to HTML5 where bugs and features could be dealt with or added within days and not have delays like they had in the past (cough cough) Smiley Embarassed

 

The reintroduction of this feature has been the subject of repeated requests since last December - 6 months and counting. 

0 Ratings
gillyallan
Aspiring Contributor
630 Views
Message 999 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
Yeah. Also waiting on the discover feature reappearing. I used that to find comedies
0 Ratings
robey
Aspiring Contributor
624 Views
Message 1000 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

I'm sick of paging through a few hundred channels.  If BT don't get a fix soon, I'm off.

0 Ratings