Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 1001 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@robey wrote:

I'm sick of paging through a few hundred channels.  If BT don't get a fix soon, I'm off.

Do you simply cut and paste your previous posts? I think you've told us that several times, but seems that you've yet to carry out that threat. You are aware that YouView stated at outset of the software update that this was something they would be fixing in due course?

0 Ratings
robey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1002 of 1,295

Go to solution
Comment noted. Apologies if my unintentional, rather than cut and pasted, repetition offended and thank you for taking the time to highlight it.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 1003 of 1,295

Go to solution

I guess it is just that people are sick of paging through a few hundred posts complaining about the same things. 😉

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1004 of 1,295

Go to solution

@MJH62 wrote:

You are aware that YouView stated at outset of the software update that this was something they would be fixing in due course?

Please define 'due course'.  This is not the fast response times we were told would be the 'new normal' when Youview/BT were trying the 'hard sell' of this new format late last year. 

0 Ratings
Jonnen
Beginner
Message 1005 of 1,295

Go to solution
The new update improves the look of You View but that fresh new look hides a host of changes. The old system allowed you to use the numbers and fast forward buttons to select any point in time on your recording. For instance, if I wanted to watch the 8am BBC News bulletins on a recording set for 3 and a half hours from 6am to 9:30am, I simply keyed in 2.00 hours and selected play. Now all I can do is press fast forward and wait until it reaches the required point which I want to view.
The loss of playback versatility is an absolute pain.
Please BT, bring back the old You view.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1006 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Jonnen wrote:
The new update improves the look of You View but that fresh new look hides a host of changes. The old system allowed you to use the numbers and fast forward buttons to select any point in time on your recording. For instance, if I wanted to watch the 8am BBC News bulletins on a recording set for 3 and a half hours from 6am to 9:30am, I simply keyed in 2.00 hours and selected play. Now all I can do is press fast forward and wait until it reaches the required point which I want to view.
The loss of playback versatility is an absolute pain.
Please BT, bring back the old You view.

Many many people including myself have been calling for the reinstatement of this facility for months, but to no avail.  It this is the speedy implementation of services that Youview were claiming was one of the main reasons for moving to this new UI format then they should hang their heads in shame.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1007 of 1,295

Go to solution

Couldn't agree more @Jim-lad

It's been mentioned in quite a few places that the perceived reason for moving to the 'cloud' was to better garner information from our boxes for reasons NOT linked to speedier updates. With no way of opting out of their data mining they have shown in spades what their real intentions have been.

As for those speedier updates, although this much missed function shows no sign of returning at present, it's been mentioned in numerous sites that BT also share a little of this blame as they are always the last boxes to be tested with new software updates, and as we ourselves now know, are the last to push out actual updates to the masses.

Therefore, even if this function is tested in the future, it will still take an age to make it to BT boxes. The shambles continues!!!!

0 Ratings
Timm150
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1008 of 1,295

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Done some some search and notice and correct me if I'm wrong but even the latest/newest update which has not been released on to the BT box still does not let you hide the unwanted channels. So from this I looked at getting the logitech Harmony ulitmate remote, which I think has been mentioned here regarding that you can add you favorites on to a touch screen. Recieved this yesterday and after adding some channels that arent shown on the Harmony app downloaded the channel icon and as long as you got the channel number it it will add to the screen. Tell you what a very nice remote. Once setup no need to go into the guide as all your channels are there on the screen.

Logitech-306620023-harmony-ultimate-one.jpg 

Highlighted
carolandbarney1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1009 of 1,295

Go to solution

I have a T1000 and the upgrade but now won't connect to internet.  Be careful what you wish for!

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1010 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Timm150  You would be correct according to information found elsewhere on the net. Not only is hide/unhide channels not in the latest update but according to various sites it isn't even in the planning/testing phase as yet.

All those early promises of missing functions being restored speedily and of frequent updates due to utilising the cloud have turned out to empty promises from Youview/BT. Surely by now they are feeling some shame for the shambolic way they have misled customers.

Harmony remotes the way to go my friend. I wouldn't be without mine.