Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1041 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@Jim-lad wrote:
people simply hate change

When that change involves the loss of useful and oft-used functionality as has happened here then yes I hate this particular change.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1042 of 1,295

Go to solution
succinctly put @gomezz
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1043 of 1,295

Go to solution
Well said gomezz. Jim-lad, you are being rather patronising, unintentionally I'm sure. I enjoy change because it makes things better. That's the point of it. Not to make it worse.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1044 of 1,295

Go to solution

Trouble is I guess, we all have differing ideas of what makes the new UI better or worse. I'm generally against change for the sake of it; only if it makes things better. However in this case I think the new UI is a great improvement but that may be because I never used some of the functions that I believe may have been removed.

I've been miffed with various changes to UIs, websites etc in the past that others have loved,my current bugbear is with how Netflix have replaced star ratings with percentages of how likely I'll like something but others may feel it's an improvement.

I think you're never going to be able to please everyone all of the time but one thing to their credit, even if it's slow at times, Youview do appear to listen to customers & make changes if possible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1045 of 1,295

Go to solution

@robey wrote:
Well said gomezz. Jim-lad, you are being rather patronising, unintentionally I'm sure. I enjoy change because it makes things better. That's the point of it. Not to make it worse.

I strongly suspect, nay I know it to be true, that even if they had got everything right first time around and perhaps improved functionality there would still be people complaining they didn't like it. It's human nature and it's what we do.

Cars are a good example - I've know car manufacturers to make some huge improvements in car functionality only for some work colleagues to complain they preferred the old models as they had got used to them.  You still hear people lamenting the loss of Windows XP - it's sixteen years old for goodness sake.

There are things that definitely need fixing with the new UI but I don't think what's currently not working would make me go out and buy a Sky HD box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1046 of 1,295

Go to solution
I agree Jim, there are many people who don't like change, full stop. In my opinion, the folks posting on this forum do not fall into that group and I'm mildly offended that you are suggesting otherwise.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1047 of 1,295

Go to solution

Whether you like change or not an important factor is choice. With this update there was no choice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1048 of 1,295

Go to solution

Exactly Tim

Change always has irritations because of the need to learn a different way but at least you know you will learn it.  This update removed functionality and there is no way anyone can learn how to get those functions back.  

Highlighted
Expert
Message 1049 of 1,295

Go to solution

@TimCurtis wrote:

Whether you like change or not an important factor is choice. With this update there was no choice.

When Humax updates my Freesat box (which BTW is automatic) I have no choice regarding new features or the removal of old ones come to that.  It is exactly the same with Sky or Virgin Media.  You either accept the new feature list or you do the other. 

Why do you think Youview should be a special case?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1050 of 1,295

Go to solution

Except Jim-Lad Sky don't remove functions on boxes already in customers use do they, in fact they continually add functionality to them

See if you can tell the forum a function that's been removed from Sky HD boxes

0 Ratings