Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1211 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@andy_m1 wrote:
Horses for courses. Losing hide/unhide channels has really taken the shine off of this for me. Get THAT sorted and it's job done as far as I'M concerned!

(Where we'll probably agree is that if they'd just left the **bleep** thing alone in the first place ...)

Just switched on to find an update waiting. I clicked to continue and box has now been stuck at 0% complete for approx. 10 minutes. Is that right or should or should I start interfering?

Mine updated the minute I clicke 'OK' to start the process.  The whole thing only took about 10 minutes in total.  If it were me I would turn off the power on the rear of the box, wait a minute then boot it from cold and try again.  It may actually update it as part of the 'cold boot'.  You're looking for version 28.26 and this is an update worth having.

The update restores going back to the recorded episode just watched so you can delete it if you wish, rather than taking the veiwer back to live TV as 27.50 did. 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 1212 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Stevek1311 wrote:

@TimCurtis wrote:

Regarding hiding/unhiding channels you have every reason to feel optimistic. Can't say anymore.

You do know that translates as 'regarding the start of replay point function' we have every reason to be pessimistic?

How on earth you made that translation I'll never understand.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jbancroft1
Aspiring Expert
Message 1213 of 1,295

Youview programmes need deleting

Go to solution

With the latest changes to Freeview's channels numbers, we have even more channels which now need hiding from my favouries section. When are BT going to get there finger out and reinstall this function?

0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 1214 of 1,295

Re: Youview programmes need deleting

Go to solution

I just noticed this, I thought you could just hide channels of no interest but that has gone - it used to be an option on Guide.

In Settings, you can Unhide all channels but there is a warning that you cannot hide again.  This seems absolutely crazy!

Box is Humax DTRT2100

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 1215 of 1,295

Go to solution

I was watching a recorded show, however I hit backup by mistakke. Have just spent 10 minutes trying to find what I was watching. 

I can't see programmes that are part watched, they used to be available  in the list.

0 Ratings
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 1216 of 1,295

Go to solution

Thank you Jim Lad. I did just that and it has updated.

0 Ratings
Message 1217 of 1,295

Go to solution

I have raised an official complaint with BT today on this issue, also on the backward step they have taken with the recorded programs feature and deleting watched programs. 

I was advised by thet representative that they have received numerous complaints about this software uo-date, but the more that people complain,  then the sooner they may react.

Please make an official complaint in writing.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1218 of 1,295

Go to solution

@PensionerFareham wrote:

I have raised an official complaint with BT today on this issue, also on the backward step they have taken with the recorded programs feature and deleting watched programs. 

I was advised by thet representative that they have received numerous complaints about this software uo-date, but the more that people complain,  then the sooner they may react.

Please make an official complaint in writing.

You are somewhat behind the curve.  The recordings/deleting watched recordings has now been restored to how it worked previously.  You should be on version 28.26.  If still on 27.50 then try a manual update or alternatively wait for the auto updated which is currently being rolled out. 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1219 of 1,295

Go to solution

@srpsrp wrote:

I was watching a recorded show, however I hit backup by mistakke. Have just spent 10 minutes trying to find what I was watching. 

I can't see programmes that are part watched, they used to be available  in the list.

I have no problem seeing which programmes are watched/part watched as the words 'part watched' 'watched' runs across the bottom of the programmes thumb nail?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1220 of 1,295

Go to solution

@jbancroft1 wrote:

With the latest changes to Freeview's channels numbers, we have even more channels which now need hiding from my favouries section. When are BT going to get there finger out and reinstall this function?

You are addressing your complaint to the wrong company.  The company responsible is 'YouView'.  https://www.youview.com/#

0 Ratings