Did you mean: 
srpsrp
Expert
Message 1231 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@Jim-lad wrote:

@srpsrp wrote:

I was watching a recorded show, however I hit backup by mistakke. Have just spent 10 minutes trying to find what I was watching. 

I can't see programmes that are part watched, they used to be available  in the list.

I have no problem seeing which programmes are watched/part watched as the words 'part watched' 'watched' runs across the bottom of the programmes thumb nail?

Yeah but before I'd realised it I'd moved to a completely different series. Also Due to to the bug where by it goes to the wrong place when you stop watching, I've ended up with watched/ part watched programmes all over the place, which since I lock my recordings means I now have to go though each tile one by one and delete them, complete with annoying modal confirmation diaglogue each time.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1232 of 1,295

Go to solution

@srpsrp wrote:

@Jim-lad wrote:

@srpsrp wrote:

I was watching a recorded show, however I hit backup by mistakke. Have just spent 10 minutes trying to find what I was watching. 

I can't see programmes that are part watched, they used to be available  in the list.

I have no problem seeing which programmes are watched/part watched as the words 'part watched' 'watched' runs across the bottom of the programmes thumb nail?

Yeah but before I'd realised it I'd moved to a completely different series. Also Due to to the bug where by it goes to the wrong place when you stop watching, I've ended up with watched/ part watched programmes all over the place, which since I lock my recordings means I now have to go though each tile one by one and delete them, complete with annoying modal confirmation diaglogue each time.

Are you actually on version 28.26 or 27.50?  Version 28.26 has reinstated the old system i.e. when you press stop, or back at the end of watching your recorded programme you are returned to your recordings in order for you to delete the programme should you wish. 

I don't know which 'bug' you are referring to.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1233 of 1,295

Go to solution

@srpsrpIf I were you I'd try to force an update to 28.26.0 or if you wish to wait your box should get it soon as the rollout must be coming near completion. The recordings are handled much better on .26 than they ever were on 27.50.0

Correct @Jim-lad. You read my response correctly re future updates for Youview boxes. I have advised @Stevek1311 to pester BT for a DTR-T2100 (non uhd box) to act as a direct replacement for his older model. It has been stated elsewhere (quite a while ago so I can't find it now - sorry) that the older models have come to the end of their life span with Next Gen being too much for them to handle.

As the customer can't be at fault for having a box which Youview have now rendered almost obsolete I feel it would be only fair and decent of BT to replace it with a newer model, especially if it means keeping the customer with BT TV. Makes sense to me at least, whether it does to the powers at be at BT is another thing.

0 Ratings
tramdev
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1234 of 1,295

Go to solution

@MadRob wrote:

@srpsrpIf I were you I'd try to force an update to 28.26.0 or if you wish to wait your box should get it soon as the rollout must be coming near completion. The recordings are handled much better on .26 than they ever were on 27.50.0

Correct @Jim-lad. You read my response correctly re future updates for Youview boxes. I have advised @Stevek1311 to pester BT for a DTR-T2100 (non uhd box) to act as a direct replacement for his older model. It has been stated elsewhere (quite a while ago so I can't find it now - sorry) that the older models have come to the end of their life span with Next Gen being too much for them to handle.

As the customer can't be at fault for having a box which Youview have now rendered almost obsolete I feel it would be only fair and decent of BT to replace it with a newer model, especially if it means keeping the customer with BT TV. Makes sense to me at least, whether it does to the powers at be at BT is another thing.

Or else revert the older boxes back to how they were - which form was working fine!

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1235 of 1,295

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies

I think the truth is none of us actually knows and sadly BT/YouView don't believe customers should be kept informed as to which of the deleted functions they intend to restore to which machines and when.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 1236 of 1,295

Go to solution

I'm running a T1 box as part of the Youview trials program & that is getting updates beyond 28.26 so I have to believe that ALL Humax models are being supported.

There does seem to be the odd instance of the T1 box failing after a Nextgen update however.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 1237 of 1,295

Go to solution
Blimey! My trials box went to PVR heaven years ago! As did the original BT box. The replacement for that was DOA but then I got given a T2100 by the BT installer and that has proven to be much more reliable, so far.
0 Ratings
carolandbarney1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1238 of 1,295

Go to solution

Our old box stopped working after the last update and bt replaced in with one of the small ones, we do have bt tv not sure if that makes a difference.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
carolandbarney1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1239 of 1,295

Re: Youview programmes need deleting

Go to solution

Dt2100 which they have just sent us as update messed up our original box has scart and hdmi

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1240 of 1,295

Re: Youview programmes need deleting

Go to solution

@carolandbarney1 wrote:

Dt2100 which they have just sent us as update messed up our original box has scart and hdmi

Yes it does indeed.  One of the few boxes to still be supporting Scart.  I doubt there can be many people still using a TV which has Scart connectors these days, maybe an old one in a bedroom etc. 

0 Ratings