Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srpsrp
Expert
Message 1271 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@MadRob wrote:

That's strange as I've never needed to do a soft reboot after any updates. That being said, if it was a computer, then usually a restart is the most effective way of applying those updates and clearing any junk left behind. Maybe it's something that could be implemented into future updates whereby the box reboots after successfully updating the software.

the power cycle seems to have fixed it this time, I had to do a full reset (keep recordings) )last time. More evidence of a lack of testing perhaps?

ct. Mine is left powered on all the time normally and set to quick start up.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1272 of 1,295

Go to solution

Need to be careful what I say but not a case of not being tested properly. Can say no more.

My box is set to 'always ready' standby mode also.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 1273 of 1,295

Go to solution
With the amount of people mentioning it I would say it was more a case of specific conditions/box (testing can never pick up every scenario) or more likely other people just expecting a reboot after an update to be a normal factor
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1274 of 1,295

Go to solution

Agreed. I think it would be good practice to have an automatic reboot written into future updates. 

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1275 of 1,295

Go to solution

Well we know that either didn't test it against the functionality the pre Next Gen boxes had orthey did and thought "stuff it, the customers will just have to lump it"

As for reboots Next Gen has changed nothing, I still have to do a power cycle on the box about twice a month.  

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 1276 of 1,295

Go to solution
Yawn...
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1277 of 1,295

Go to solution

To address the 2 points in your 1st paragraph, at risk of getting into trouble, all I can honestly tell you is that both parts of your statement are wrong. I can't say anything other than that.

As for reboots, they are a rarity for me, but it's not uncommon to any type of device which has a hdd inserted.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 1278 of 1,295

Go to solution
Same with mine, I hardly ever reboot. Probably twice a year.
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1279 of 1,295

Go to solution

@MadRob wrote:

To address the 2 points in your 1st paragraph, at risk of getting into trouble, all I can honestly tell you is that both parts of your statement are wrong. I can't say anything other than that.

As for reboots, they are a rarity for me, but it's not uncommon to any type of device which has a hdd inserted.

So what is it?  You know they did test it against the functionality of the old box?  

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1280 of 1,295

Go to solution

@scointer wrote:
Yawn...

So let me get this right, if discussions are ongoing on testing and reboots are you suggesting I shouldn't comment about testing and reboots?

0 Ratings