Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1281 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

You are never going to get things posted on ANY open forum by ANY company on stuff that may or may not be going through a closed testing phase. It just doesn't happen.

0 Ratings
Jaqi09
Message 1282 of 1,295

Go to solution
I am happy with the new format but very irritated that I cannot hide channels. Why should I have to navigate past a list of channels that tell me that the programme has been moved. I hid channels for a reason, basically to stop my GC's accessing them or because I didn't want to watch them. I also hid HD because I see no difference in the picture due to eye problems.
My biggest bugbear is that programmes I try to record in a series - do not! The record button disappears overnight no matter which channel I try to record from. CS is no use, they just blame the channel yet I had no problem before the update! Go figure!!!!!!
Oh and I'm over 60 and have been around technology all my life.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1283 of 1,295

Go to solution

The updated software which includes 'edit channels' is currently being rolled out to retail boxes which means BT boxes will not be far off commencement of the same roll out.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 1284 of 1,295

Go to solution

When you say 'edit channels' does this mean it is possible to unhide selected channels rather than the "Unhide All" sledgehammer we had previously. That *would* be a positive step forward.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1285 of 1,295

Go to solution

That is correct @gomezz hence the change to 'edit' rather than 'hide'.

See here https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-software-update-28-35-0#

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 1286 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Jaqi09 wrote:
I am happy with the new format but very irritated that I cannot hide channels. Why should I have to navigate past a list of channels that tell me that the programme has been moved. I hid channels for a reason, basically to stop my GC's accessing them or because I didn't want to watch them. I also hid HD because I see no difference in the picture due to eye problems.
My biggest bugbear is that programmes I try to record in a series - do not! The record button disappears overnight no matter which channel I try to record from. CS is no use, they just blame the channel yet I had no problem before the update! Go figure!!!!!!
Oh and I'm over 60 and have been around technology all my life.

I think series record basically works, however since the TV guide and info button no longer shows the full info showing the Series and episode number I find it can be a tad confusing.

I've even resorted to looking on Wikipedia or the Sky app or web site to try to figure out which series / episode I'm watching and if all episodes were recorded.

0 Ratings
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 1287 of 1,295

Go to solution
That's brilliant news for me. Anyone know how long generally BT updates have been behind retail, roughly?

Fair do's to youview. They've listened.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1288 of 1,295

Go to solution

Just spent an amusing half hour reading some of that stuff over on the Youview forum. I had been tempted to sign up as I was advised the other day to take a query I had over to the main Youview forum as I'd be likely to gain greater insight into said issue. Think I'll make do with where I'm at for now Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 1289 of 1,295

Go to solution
As a very rough guide BT tend to be 2-3 weeks later
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1290 of 1,295

Go to solution

@MadRob wrote:

Just spent an amusing half hour reading some of that stuff over on the Youview forum. I had been tempted to sign up as I was advised the other day to take a query I had over to the main Youview forum as I'd be likely to gain greater insight into said issue. Think I'll make do with where I'm at for now Smiley Very Happy

I know what you mean - say no more. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings