Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 1,295

Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I am delighted to let you know that a new software version has become available to BT TV customers with Youview boxes.   This will be the first time customers will be able to experience our new BT TV, including the brand new BT Player.

Starting with Z4 boxes the roll out will commence tonight, Z4 box customers will receive an email with a link to the information page which can be viewed here, Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience.

The software will be rolled out to other box types over the coming months. Customers will all receive notifications about the update.  

The software variant will be : 27.44.0

Cheers

Sean

**Edit**Update 16/03/2017**Edit**

Good news everyone, the new BT TV experience, including the brand new BT Player, is starting to roll out to customers with G4 or G5 boxes.

The roll out will commence tonight.  

The software variant will be : 27.46.0

We've worked hard to make sure that this software is ready for you - most recently we've been working on making the box faster and more stable. It doesn't end there though, so keep an eye out for new updates which will come after launch based on customer feedback.

0 Ratings
1,294 REPLIES 1,294
billytwiglet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 1,295

Re: New BT Vision update is terrible

Go to solution

I thought it was just me.

The new software has wrecked an excellent system by making it slower, too many pop up lines and boxes add confusion, additional menu layers.

The old interface was the easiest and clearest to view, scan and navigate of any box I've seen.

I use IT and AV equipment all day long. I dread to think how awkward this has become for non-techie normal people!

Is it possible to revert to the old look and layout before I move from BT? (my contract is up soon!)

I've virtually stopped using this box now and already bought a freeview recorder, Humax. Even the Humax software isn't quite as good as the old bt system, now it's breezed past.

Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 3 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
What's a z4 box.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 1,295

Go to solution

That's the non recordable Youview box.

0 Ratings
TheLegendOfMart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 1,295

Go to solution

Why is it rolling out to the cheapest non-recordable box instead of people who pay for Ultra HD full package and it could potentially be months????

0 Ratings
EweViewer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 1,295

Go to solution

There are lots of complaints about how the new software handles the recordings list.

By launching first on this box gives BT more time to see if the recordings list problems can be resolved.

0 Ratings
trapdoor
Expert
Message 7 of 1,295

Go to solution

Just visit the YouView community forum ... lots of people with the new software who are crying out to have the old version back.

Apparently recordings are all in thumbnail tiles with truncated titles so you can struggle to find a recording you want, because the system just snapshots a screen shot ... and stuff missing that people have taken for granted in the now mature existing software.

ive just swapped from a Vision+ box and find the interface on YouView hasn't moved on much since I was a tester. I prefer(ed) the old Vision interface than YouView. No idea how useable the new will be.

if it's anything like the SmartHub firmware fiasco, expect lots of issues.

Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 1,295

Go to solution

@TheLegendOfMart wrote:

Why is it rolling out to the cheapest non-recordable box instead of people who pay for Ultra HD full package and it could potentially be months????

Because you don't beta test new things on the customers you actually care about (the ones paying you the most money).

0 Ratings
davepegz
Message 9 of 1,295

Go to solution

It is indeed a nightmare. In order to make it look more 'modern' they've basically designed a touchscreen-friendly interface that you have to use a remote with. NHS budgets will have to be vastly increased to deal with the RSI problems in peoples clicking fingers.........

ney
Expert
Message 10 of 1,295

Go to solution

For now im happy to wait a little longer for the update to come to my G4 box so that some of the bugs can be sorted out first.

Darren

0 Ratings