Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 211 of 1,295

Pathetic software update wont let me hide channels

Go to solution

Is this for real ?

This new ahem 'Experience' is the most toyish, stupid, update I have ever seen on any box..ever

Have they really moved the ability to hide channels, if so then I'm going to bin the you-view box along with any subscription and use my TV's freeview ability (which does allow hiding of channels) , and simply get a Roku box to watch streaming.

Is there a way to hide channels ??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 212 of 1,295

Re: Pathetic software update wont let me hide channels

Go to solution

Not on the current version of software. Need to wait for furher updates.

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 213 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution
Got the update yesterday afternoon by going into the update section on my ultra HD box. Have to say the new interface is much better than the previous. Few things missing as already mentioned but will be added back soon. Seems like people combining just for the sake of it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 214 of 1,295

Go to solution
* complaining
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 215 of 1,295

Go to solution

your point of view will depend on how bad effected the features you use are. Just like the increase is speed only appears to have happened for those with fast internet. Personally changes to the internet channels doesn't effect me as the broadband isn't good enough for them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 216 of 1,295

Go to solution

I’ve been keeping my eye on the comments on the forum as my 4K box was yet to update. Filled with a sense of doom, I wasn’t sure what to do if the update was offered.

I received a mail from BT yesterday to say my box would soon be updated. When I got home I got the update via “search for updates” in the settings (maybe you need to wait for the email unless via an overnight update) download commenced and installed 27.47.0

First impressions on form…..it is visually vibrant, modern and slick. I gather it’s not to everybody’s taste, but it is more impressive than the old airport arrivals board matter of fact type. (see function below) I am reasonably tech savvy and had no problems unlearning button presses to get where I wanted. Yes there was some reorientation but after 10 minutes of intuitive guesses I really like the visuals (although some minor tweaks required)

First impression on function….Like so many have said, the tile arrangement and truncated titles can overload your eyes and brain figuring out what is what. There is room within the tile to put more of the title by overlaying the programme screenshot. When my wife saw it she said she wanted it switching to the old style (let battle commence)

EPG population is now rapid, I mean near instant by constant scrolling. This is a big improvement.

I think the MyView options need reordering. Why have the guide as the first option when we already have a dedicated guide button? I’d prefer to move MyTV from third to first to save extra button presses.

On recordings, the white tile border highlight needs to be bolder (thicker) to better see where you actually are.

Early days for me but overall I’m pretty impressed, given that this isn’t the final version (I hope) and those with concerns or reasoned improvements are listened to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 217 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Kimbrich6 wrote:
Got the update yesterday afternoon by going into the update section on my ultra HD box. Have to say the new interface is much better than the previous. Few things missing as already mentioned but will be added back soon. Seems like people combining just for the sake of it

"Soon" might be a little optimistic.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 218 of 1,295

Go to solution

I would say "soon" is being very optimistic as beta testing hasn't even begun on any new or returning features.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 219 of 1,295

Go to solution

Hi @TehJumpingJawa

The feedback about the EPG is appreciated and improvments are being worked on presently. These will be released in updates in the near future. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 220 of 1,295

Go to solution

that last my 4k box updated today so both of my box are now up to updated 🙂

0 Ratings