cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolandbarney1
Aspiring Contributor
484 Views
Message 1241 of 1,295

Re: Youview programmes need deleting

Go to solution

Just us then😊

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
440 Views
Message 1242 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

Hide or should I say -EDIT- Channels at last for Humax - but when will BT Boxes get it ?

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
385 Views
Message 1243 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

It should be along very soon going by the retail box timetable. It will be worth the wait!

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
304 Views
Message 1244 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@MadRob wrote:

It should be along very soon going by the retail box timetable. It will be worth the wait!


I've no real interest in hiding channels, I'm waiting for the return of the timebar feature.

 

My Humax Freesat box has always had the facility to delete unwanted channels.  Out of the two hundred or so on Freesat I've never deleted one in the four years I've owned it.

 

It's not a difficult mental exercise to remember the numbers of your most frequently used channels and in fact it's good for the old grey matter. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
301 Views
Message 1245 of 1,295

Re: Youview programmes need deleting

Go to solution

@carolandbarney1 wrote:

Just us then😊


I would contact the science museum as they are always on the lookout for relics from a bygone age. Smiley Happy  The TV I'm talking about not you. 

 

The PQ is so poor when compared to HDMI. 

0 Ratings
robey
Aspiring Contributor
289 Views
Message 1246 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

 


@Jim-lad wrote:

 

It's not a difficult mental exercise to remember the numbers of your most frequently used channels and in fact it's good for the old grey matter. Smiley Happy


Personally, I have better things to fill my head with than the numbers of TV channels that I'm likely to watch.  I'd really rather not trawl through the hundreds in which I haven't the slightest interest.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
273 Views
Message 1247 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@robey wrote:

 


@Jim-lad wrote:

 

It's not a difficult mental exercise to remember the numbers of your most frequently used channels and in fact it's good for the old grey matter. Smiley Happy


Personally, I have better things to fill my head with than the numbers of TV channels that I'm likely to watch.  I'd really rather not trawl through the hundreds in which I haven't the slightest interest.


Exactly

 

I don't use the Hide specific channels function but some do and if to them it was a key function then BT/Youview should restore that as just an urgent priority as the features I use(d)

 

 

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
248 Views
Message 1248 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

Hide/Unhide channels not a big issue for me either. I hardly ever watch live tv unless it's the news or sport. Most of my tv viewing is recordings/catch up.

 

The old timebar functionality however is a different thing altogether. I used it a lot before, and I know I'm going to miss it come Saturday evening when I'm playing catch up on the live BT Sport EPL match. It was very useful before being able to directly type 30mins into the timebar to jump directly to kick off. Now it's going to be 30 button presses on the remote to get to the desired position. Time to get some extra batteries bought in I think.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
243 Views
Message 1249 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@MadRob wrote:

Hide/Unhide channels not a big issue for me either. I hardly ever watch live tv unless it's the news or sport. Most of my tv viewing is recordings/catch up.

 

The old timebar functionality however is a different thing altogether. I used it a lot before, and I know I'm going to miss it come Saturday evening when I'm playing catch up on the live BT Sport EPL match. It was very useful before being able to directly type 30mins into the timebar to jump directly to kick off. Now it's going to be 30 button presses on the remote to get to the desired position. Time to get some extra batteries bought in I think.


If only we had the ability to generate a Poll here to see which of the deleted functions are the most needed back

 

MadRob
Aspiring Expert
233 Views
Message 1250 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

That would be a good idea but then again would anyone in a position to do anything about it actually listen?!? History would say "no, they won't"

 

For the record, I'd like to see the old timebar functionality brought back PLUS I'd love to see 'padding' being implemented for recordings AND I'd like to see the old 'action' functions being brought back when pressing 'info' etc (although that one is apparently coming back). Another one that BT trumpeted before Next Gen was released was keeping the old 'action' menu whereby when you accessed a recording you could choose to either watch the recorded programme or choose to watch it 'On Demand' instead. That was also useful for me.

0 Ratings