Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

From what I've saw of it and from what I've been reading from the Youview Community Forum you may wish to NEVER receive the software in its current state. Far from being user friendly I can see people ditching Youview because of the mess they've made of this. Very interesting (and foreboding) reading on the YV Forums. Can only hope that by the time it reaches recordable boxes things will be ironed out.   

robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 1,295

Go to solution

Interesting that BT have disabled discussion on the page linked to above. Pretty sure they know that most (if not all) comments are going to be negative.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 1,295

Go to solution

Dont take forums as a good reflection of a product. People only go to forums when they have an issue. Therefore you could have a million people happy with a product and 100 that aren't and a forum will only have the 100 people that aren't happy complaining on it.

Remember any change will always be unpopular with some people (people don't like change) and a few will really dislike having a change forced on them. Read any forum when any change is made on any system and you will find hundreds of people complaining.

There is one main issue that is being highlighted again and again and that is the recordings in tiles rather than text. there are also a lot of people that said they disliked this at first but are actually happy with it now....It will take time to settle with some people and wont ever settle with some. Over to YouView to fix 🙂

robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 1,295

Go to solution

The thing about the YV Forum is that many of the people posting are people who have been testing the products new software and have been raising all the issues to date. Unfortunately they aren't being listened to. According to them there is more missing from the new look than what has effectively been added. As for the tiles replacing text, majority opinion over there is still against it, and having saw it for myself its a bit of a messy look and spoils the overall usefulness of the gui. If only these good folk were having their concerns acknowledged and worked on. It will definitely divide opinion, especially when some simple tasks now need more button presses to achieve. 

0 Ratings
Bluecandylover
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 1,295

Go to solution
I'd really not want to lose my 'list' of recordings.... Thumbnails look awful, cuts off the text name so you see "NEW: Hun" etc I also have been told the thumbnails are image grabs from the recordings and can show you spoilers - or even inappropriate images (which kids shouldn't see).
0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 1,295

Go to solution

gr8 new can not   wait  and about time 🙂

0 Ratings
cunnidc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 1,295

Go to solution

So, any idea when this will be rolled-out to dtr-t1000 boxes? I can probably live with most of the shortcomings as long as responsiveness is improved. My box can be really slow loading menus and accessing players.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 18 of 1,295

Go to solution

From what I have read it could well be the summer before it is released to the BT Youview PVRs. 

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 19 of 1,295

Go to solution

in terms of new interface design this is so simple, when in doubt just copy what Sky have done! 

I went into an EE shop this week since there was a tv box with its remote control sat there on display so I though I'd have a play. Suprise suprise the TV was tuned to a different channel... ie I bet it's tosh

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 1,295

Go to solution

Personally I'm blocking any updates for my 2 YouView boxes by setting my , non-BT , router to prevent these boxes accessing the internet between 12midnight & 8am which should stop automatic updates.

I'm a regular on the YouView forum & it's obvious that the new interface is not being welcomed by many.

Some will be dumping YouView unless some significant changes are made , and that'll probably be me as well when the updates are pushed onto the recording boxes.

The new interface is NOT suitable for older generation users , many who aren't very technically aware & struggle with new concepts. I feel quite safe making that statement as I'm in my 70s & I know my wife will absolutely hate the update.

0 Ratings