Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 421 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Go to solution

@hyper01 wrote:

You really need to focus on useful functionally rather than a nice looking interface.

Another live event, and another missed end due to your garbage software and EPG.

It needs to allow an overrun buffer.

Utter garbage.

That'll be the fault of the broadcaster and the implemenation of accurate record.  Nothing to do with the UI. 

0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 422 of 1,295

Go to solution

The broadcaster also happens to be BT.

Therefore it is the fault of BT, shoddy software, shoddy service and shoddy broadcasting.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 423 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Jim-lad wrote:

@srpsrp wrote:

Two more bugs for you:

1. If you select R to record a programme from the guide and the press 'back' from the 'series or single' menu ( which putting it kindly, has awful styling may I add) it still adds a R to the programme ? 

2. If you press FF 10s enough times, the HDMI audio eventualy goes silent, you have to reset the HDMI by switching off your amp or presumably rebooting the box ( nothing else I tried would fix it)

Perhaps this time next year BT will have sorted some of these problems out. What on earth are they playing at ? 

I don't know of anyone who has FF set to 10 seconds.  A minute yes but 10 seconds, what's the point of that?

Re: audio - my TV recievies audio via optical so again I don't find this an issue.  It's Youview who are tasked with sorting out issues not BT. 

sorry, yes I meant FF 60s , I can't use the optical since if I do then surround sound does not work at all ( well at least last time I tried, I'm not hopeful that such a obvious problem would have been  fixed in this update)

There is another annoyance while I'm posting, when you are on the recording information page it not longer tells you that pressing YELLOW will lock the recording. Is this by design or another over sight ? Difficult to tell these days!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 424 of 1,295

Go to solution
Looks like they forgot to update the graphic for the Series Folder page. It is there on the main page for one-off recordings.
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 425 of 1,295

Go to solution

@gomezz wrote:
Looks like they forgot to update the graphic for the Series Folder page. It is there on the main page for one-off recordings.

These are basic problems perhaps time to out source to India all software dev.

0 Ratings
Guitardave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 426 of 1,295

MyTV View...

Go to solution

Hi all, so came downstairs this morning to find the YouView box has updated to the new software...

Of biggest concern so far is that the MyTV section where all my recordings are looks like a child has taken screen grabs of each programme and randomly placed them all over the screen. So is there a way to get it back to a normal "list" view? I've had a look around but can't see how to do it. As it stands it looks horrendous - I can't easily tell where anything is anymore 😕

Cheers,

Dave

0 Ratings
Guitardave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 427 of 1,295

Re: MyTV View...

Go to solution

And I now can't select just the HD channels option before going into the TV Guide - I have to now go into the guide, then press the blue button, then scroll across to the HD tab. Deary me, not liking this update at all 😕

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 428 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Guitardave

Please read all of this thread, as your issue has already been raised.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 429 of 1,295

Go to solution

@Guitardave  I'll answer your question. Unfortunately NO, there is no way way to get a 'list' view for your recordings. As for the tiles, the more you have, the bigger the mess. Tiny pictures with just a few letters of the title. Especially frustrating when the title begins with 'New:..'

Don't expect many improvements on this front as Youview have a way of burying their heads in the sand (padding still not available after 4 years of being requested on a regular basis by beta testers).

As for BT, much the same really as can be evidenced here https://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-from-bt/new-look-bt-tv-wins-tv-connect-award-11364170111010 where they had this to say "We’ve had great feedback from customers already, with one saying: “The box is quicker, I love the tile-based My TV".

What about highlighting the feedback which says this approach is rubbish?

Nothing wrong with tiles if implemented correctly. Make them bigger so titles can fit into them. Not hard to fix. Other issues with the tiles should be fixed at some stage such as the 'landing' point when you enetr a series and better handling of backing out of a recording/deletion etc.

0 Ratings
Guitardave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 430 of 1,295

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply Robert. Shame there's no good news, looks like we're stuck with it then for the foreseeable future. Very disappointing really 😕

0 Ratings