Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyR351
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Getting extra TV channels and costs

Go to solution

Hi,

I have had Infinity plus BT sport and TV essentials since July, I am looking to add the extra TV channels to this but am unable to find out how to do it.

What I would like to know is how much it will cost and if it will involve a new contract.

I have used the search to no avail so I am hoping to find the information on here.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Getting extra TV channels and costs

Go to solution

Package details can be found here - http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv?s_cid=con_FURL_tv

Do you have BT Infinity Broadband or just regular ADSL Broadband?

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@TonyR351 wrote:

Hi,

I have had Infinity plus BT sport and TV essentials since July, I am looking to add the extra TV channels to this but am unable to find out how to do it.

What I would like to know is how much it will cost and if it will involve a new contract.

I have used the search to no avail so I am hoping to find the information on here.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Tony,

If you have a look at

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/compare-packages

there is a link near to the bottom of the page 

My BT icon

Already got BT TV?

Upgrade your existing package

The standard price for the Essentials package that you have is £5 /month, the standard price for the Entertainment package which includes the 19 Extra channels is £7/month - so if you are paying standard rates it would be an extra £2/month.

You should be able to upgrade online via that link or alternatively ring up and place the order over the phone.

0 Ratings
TonyR351
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your replies, I have tried to upgrade via the link given and it is wanting to charge me an extra £7 pm which is unacceptable to me.

I am not prepared to risk signing up untill I am sure the cost will be only £2 pm and no increase in contract period and the telephone help is about as much use as a chocolate teapot, so I seem destined to not have the extra channels.

Not to worry and thanks for your advice anyway.

0 Ratings
tassiekev
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Tony,

Had a very similar situation to yours, wanting to drop Movies and  add HD channels. I dialled 150 said "Change BTTV" to the robot and was put through to a real person immediately. That chap couldn't help but put me through  to 'Options' and a very nice Geordie lady did the changes there and then - took about 30 minutes for the changes to come through. Give it a try - the whole thing took 7 minutes. Give it a try.

0 Ratings
TonyR351
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Tassiekev,

That worked brilliantly, thanks for the advice, also thanks to all others who replied.     

Tony R