cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgeorge
Message 1 of 5

Glastonbury on iPlayer

Not all sets are available through BT tv, which are available on iPad or computer. Does anyone know why this is please?
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Glastonbury on iPlayer

The content  on the Youview BBC Iplayer is provided by the BBC rather than BT Tv so only the BBc can advise why a particular program is available on some platforms and not others.

Normally when content is not provided it is down to the BBC not having the rights to provide it on the type of platform. Looking at the BBC Iplayer on a Freeview PVR and also a black Now Tv box the Glastonbury content available is the same as the Youview ie of the order of 40 programs rather than the 98 that appear on PC or Ipad.

there is a BBC website about iplayer and link to contact the BBC if you wish to follow up any enquires at:

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/

If I were to speculate I would say that the extra performances that you find on PC and Ipad etc are those which were originally broadcast via the BBC Music app rather that via the BBC TV channels. So I suspect those devices which have a BT music app (or a Bt Music in Iplayer which I think is the Pc equivalent) have the expanded coverage in catchup on their device iplayer.

mikef
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

...As Zulu says....

All my streaming devices with iPlayer have a reduced or diferent content to what is available on the BBC website.  Its the same every year.

If you do go hunting, try and catch Mbongwana Star, they put in a great performance...  🙂 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@mikef wrote:

...As Zulu says....

All my streaming devices with iPlayer have a reduced or diferent content to what is available on the BBC website.  Its the same every year.

If you do go hunting, try and catch Mbongwana Star, they put in a great performance...  🙂 

Well my android phone and  ipad BBC Iplayer apps have comparable ie 98 episodes in the Best of Glastonbury 2016 section.

If you have a chromecast for example you can always cast this to your TV (be aware of your broadband allowance usage if not on a unlimited package)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dgeorge
Message 5 of 5

Wow thanks Guru et al. Very useful info to have. I might send the BBC a message but fear it may prove fruitless. Will check out the music apps and/or hook up another source to watch the extra content. Many thanks
0 Ratings