cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: Gold HD (#392) - audio sync issue

Hi @RobbieMac, It is better than when I first checked just after 8 this morning, but it is still a fraction out now.

0 Ratings
MollyT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

I suspect there's a slight delay in transmission. With the channel just being launched on the platform yesterday maybe give it a few days to fully calibrate?

Or if you're not too attached to your recordings, you could try doing a factory reset from the settings menu.

I'd also recommend looking for any software updates, again, on the settings menu.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 13 of 16

Thank you for raising this. I tested Gold HD (392) this morning and found the audio sync was out at 10.15am but much better at 11.15am. I've raised this with our head-end team who also see the issue and are investigating. 

If you see the issue can you please let us know:

1. The date and time you see any severe audio problem (and the programme name). 

2. If you change channel and change back, does that fix the problem?

3. Whether any other channels have a similar problem. 

4. Whether you are listening via your TV's speaker, via a sound bar or via an AV receiver. 

5. Whether the problem occurs when you play a Gold HD recording. 

5. Which box you are using (see photos below):

• DTR-2200 (TV box with no disc)
  • DTR-2100 (small black box with silver band across the bottom)
  • DRT-T4000 (4K UHD box)
  • DTR-T1000 (original large black box)

Please note performing a "re-tune" will not make any difference. This is a multicast IP channel delivered via the Internet so there is no tuning process. 

Similarly I would not recommend a factory reset - that's unlikely to make any difference but will delete all of your recordings and settings. 

You may find that changing the "HDMI Sound" setting to "Stereo" or "Surround" may improve things but I think it's unlikely. 

Using the live pause feature by pressing Pause then Play may improve things, but again I've not verified this.

BT YouView STB identification.jpg

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 16

@PaulSkwrote:

Thank you for raising this. I tested Gold HD (392) this morning and found the audio sync was out at 10.15am but much better at 11.15am. I've raised this with our head-end team who also see the issue and are investigating. 

If you see the issue can you please let us know:

1. The date and time you see any severe audio problem (and the programme name). 

2. If you change channel and change back, does that fix the problem?

3. Whether any other channels have a similar problem. 

4. Whether you are listening via your TV's speaker, via a sound bar or via an AV receiver. 

5. Whether the problem occurs when you play a Gold HD recording. 

5. Which box you are using (see photos below):

• DTR-2200 (TV box with no disc)
  • DTR-2100 (small black box with silver band across the bottom)
  • DRT-T4000 (4K UHD box)
  • DTR-T1000 (original large black box)

Please note performing a "re-tune" will not make any difference. This is a multicast IP channel delivered via the Internet so there is no tuning process. 

Similarly I would not recommend a factory reset - that's unlikely to make any difference but will delete all of your recordings and settings. 

You may find that changing the "HDMI Sound" setting to "Stereo" or "Surround" may improve things but I think it's unlikely. 

Using the live pause feature by pressing Pause then Play may improve things, but again I've not verified this.

BT YouView STB identification.jpg

14th March 16h05 onwards, Last Of The Summer Wine.

Changing channels has no effect, nor can I find the same issue on any other channel.

I have tried viewing with my soundbar off and just playing through the TV speakers, I cannot detect any difference, it's out of sync. both ways and to the same extent as far as I can tell.

I have yet to record anything on 392 but I will record something later (A solution that was offered by Sky for out of sync. recordings was to tune into the channel they were recorded from before starting playback.)

I have a DRT-T4000 box, I've tried live pause then play, it makes no difference as far as I can tell.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 15 of 16

Thanks Andy - that matches our observations.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 16 of 16

nearly a week on - no progress?

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings