cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Midzone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 32

Re: Gold - aspect ratio switching broken!

Any updates on this fault?

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 12 of 32

I reported it on 6th May which was over three months ago - so dragging on a bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 13 of 32

We’re really sorry for the time this is taking, and appreciate it is frustrating if you watch the Gold channel a lot.

We’re doing everything we can to prioritise this with our suppliers and are actively investigating solutions but it is likely to be several weeks before it is resolved. Although the widescreen signalling appears simple, the channel passes through several systems and software modifications are required which will need to be fully tested.

You can of course manually change the aspect ratio on your TV to make 4:3 content appear correctly with black bars on either side. On some TVs this is a single button press but on others it requires opening several menus and several key presses. Note this needs to be done every time you tune to a 4:3 programme on Gold. 

If you have any problem changing the aspect ratio on your TV please let us know here and we'll try to help.

BT TV expertPaulSk
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Midzone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 32

Any news?

0 Ratings
Midzone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 32

Come on BT still no fix on this issue - how much longer?

0 Ratings
shaude
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 32

This is scandalous! Do you not give a damn for your customers who are paying a subscription? You will see that I am one of the early posters in this thread from July. But long before posting here I had  lengthy contact with both UKTV and BT. So this is now getting on for a year!

Do the technicians have their eye on the ball? Do they care, or are they awaiting the next pizza delivery? There are other providers who actually listen to and respect their customers. It's called 'Customer Service'. Ever heard of it?

0 Ratings
Midzone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 32

Any news BT?

0 Ratings
Midzone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 32

Two weeks later ...... still not fixed. If only BT were as slow at taking their monthly subscription from my account.

0 Ratings
shaude
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 32

Dear Paul,

This aspect ratio thread has been going since July (and my own correspondence with BT and UKTV before that). Still not fixed. UK Gold channel 310 on the BT YouView platform is the only channel to not automatically adjust the aspect ratio appropriate to the programme shown ie.4:3

What is the big problem in getting this fixed? Customers are becoming really disgruntled over this issue. Remember that this is a subscription channel.

Don't tell me to use my remote to change aspect for each programme. It is unacceptable.

ozsat
Expert
Message 20 of 32

I reported Gold - aspect ratio issue back in May -  so six months now.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings