cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Guide preview show HD rather than SD?

Is there a way to change the channels shown when you press the blue home button that then shows a slide of channels to get them to be HD.

For example press the blue home button it shows BBC one ITV but these shortcuts are the SD on channel 1 and 3 rather than three HD 101 and 103.

I've hid the SD channels 1 and 3 but the shortcuts still go there! In this day surely most if not all have a HD channel and so the shortcuts should point to HD ones?
8 REPLIES 8
srpsrp
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Guide preview show HD rather than SD?

totally agree, it's the same as in the guide where you have to continually scroll through the SD channels or find and press the blue teletext button, what were they thinking ?

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

In the EPG press Blue, Right, OK

That displays only the HD channels. Or am I misunderstanding the question?
0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

@srpsrpwrote:

totally agree, it's the same as in the guide where you have to continually scroll through the SD channels.

What? No need to scroll through anything, mate. Just press 101 and your already there. Or just press Guide, blue button, right and your there again.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 5 of 9

I can never remember where the blue teletext button is though and I'm used to using my Sky remote in the dark.

Every other TV related device I've ever used has put the button icons on screen in the same relative positions as they appear on the remote.

With the guide, I suppose I can remember that BT have done it back to front, i.e. the blue dot is on the extreme left of the guide and blue button at the far right of the remote! Someone really deserves a medal for that set up… not.

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

You can hide certain channels now, so I've hid SD BBC1, ITV etc that's fine. Bit when you press blue home button it has a row of shortcuts with what's on BBC1 for example.

Scroll to this and it's the SD BBC1 that it goes to, channel 1, even though I've hid it. What's the point?
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

@srpsrpwrote:

I can never remember where the blue teletext button is though and I'm used to using my Sky remote in the dark.

Every other TV related device I've ever used has put the button icons on screen in the same relative positions as they appear on the remote. 

Treat yourself to a universal remote (eg Harmony) then you can get used to the buttons always being in the same place no matter which device you are controlling.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

@QoQwrote:
Bit when you press blue home button

Ah!  You mean the Youview/Menu button not the Blue sub-function (formerly aka teletext control) button.

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

@QoQwrote:
Is there a way to change the channels shown when you press the blue home button that then shows a slide of channels to get them to be HD.

+1

I have previously raised this on the main YouView Community as have others.

I don't watch anything in SD so would love an option to swap the defaults on this overlay for the HD versions.