cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Guide: show only available channels

When looking through the Guide, is there a way to see only available channels, or at least tell from looking at the guide which channels are unavailable? I'm fed up selecting a programme to watch only to find that I don't have the channel.

I know there's a 'subscribed' option along the top, but that only shows channels in the 300-500 range. It doesn't show many channels that I definitely have e.g. the terrestial channels

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Guide: show only available channels

Hi, can you clarify, which specific terrestrial channels are you referring to?

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

It doesn't show any terrestial channels i.e. BBC, ITV, channel 4, 5 etc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 8

Are you saying you only have the “internet channels” not any of the terrestrial? Have you ever had these terrestrial channels?

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I have the channels. What I'm saying is that I only want to see channels that are available to me in the Guide so that I don't needlessly click on channels that I don't have.

The 'subscribed' filter across the top looked like a good option to do this, but is actually no use because it doesn't show many channels that I do have such as the terrestial channels.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 6 of 8

OK. I was under the impression that the channels in your EPG are the channels you should have?

If not you can use the yellow button to hide the channels that you don’t want.

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Unfiltered, my EPG shows dozens of channels that I'm not subscribed to. When I had a VM box, I could see unavaliable channels in my EPG but they we greyed out so it was pretty clear that I didn't have them. There doesn't appear to be any obvious difference between available and unavailable channels on my BT box.

I'm aware of the 'Edit Channels' option on the yellow button, but it seems like a lot of work and, from reading other posts on here, doesn't seem to be very reliable anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 8 of 8

I have no problem with the yellow button. I have the Max package which ncludes HD channels. So I have hidden all the SD channels, sex channels & those irritating channels the Youview Box cannot receive.

Only problem is with the hide channels, if you scroll through the channels the Youview Box does show the hidden channels.

But that’s the new gen software for you.

Stew

0 Ratings