Go to solution
Retune
0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 73 of 124

Re: HD Signal Strength and Quality Issue

Go to solution
Just connected the black cable from the aerial to the brown cable that goes to UHF together and no signal
0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 74 of 124

Go to solution
Disconnected that brown cable that went to UHF on the amplifier from the female socket joining with the aerial socket and the TV in the bedroom got no signal so that must be the cable for that room
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 75 of 124

Go to solution

@glenhill68 wrote:
Sometimes when I return it doesn't even find the HD channels

Then the poor signal quality is being introduced earlier on in the chain. Take the attenuator out, and insert the 6dB attenuator on the input of the amplifier, between the aerial and amplifier input, that will prove whether its the amplifier overloading.

I would still suspect that the amplifier, intended for analogue signals, is not coping well with the digital ones, or its suffering from 4G interference which is degrading the signal quality. 4G may have only recently been enabled in your area.

What I cannot understand is, when you connect the aerial directly down the lead to the YouView box and TV, you get no signal at all on either, unless your aerial is badly out of alignment, or faulty

0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 76 of 124

Go to solution
Losing the will...

I am assuming that black cable is for the outside aerial as it goes through a gap in the felt in the roof.

Do you mean for the black cable or the Brien one that goes to UHF? I had to keep retuning when trying different connections
0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 77 of 124

Go to solution
Fitting attenuator to UHF reduces quality dowm below 50. Will try the black cable next as I believe this is for the aerial
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 78 of 124

Go to solution

Connect the black cable from the aerial outside, via the female adapter, to the lead that goes to the YouView box downstairs, which I think you said you identified as being connected to the UHD out.

You will lose signal to all of the other TVs, but its only to eliminate the amplifier as a possible cause.

See what signal level and quality is showing on the YouView box (remember to remove the variable attenuator)

0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 79 of 124

Go to solution
I have removed the black cable socket so connected to nothing and still getting picture. Can I assume this then doesn't go to the outside aerial
0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 80 of 124

Go to solution
I wonder then if the brown cable that feeds UHF us then the aerial one.
0 Ratings