Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 121 of 132

Re: HD Signal Strength and Quality Issue

Go to solution

Sorry about the missing images in my posts on this thread, as they are now stored in a different location.

They can all be found on this page.

Picture breakup or missing FreeView channels

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 122 of 132

Go to solution
Hi, sorry to be jumping in on this thread a few months too late but I have recently been experiencing the exact same issues with my BT UHD box. Turns out that it was electrical interference being picked up on the coaxial cable going into the Youview box. I selected the signal quality option on the Youview box so I could monitor the fluctuations. By moving the cable into various positions, I could see the quality level improve till I reached 100%. I have a lot of cables including ethernet and HD I in close proximity to the coax cable. Seems to me like the electrical interference was effecting those certain HD channels broadcast at that frequency.) C4+1hd, channel4/7hd, BBC news HD etc
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 123 of 132

Go to solution
Hi I'm having the same issue and I'm struggling to understand the resolution , do I need to buy an attenuator ..if do can any one such one ..not sure what I'm looking for ??
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 124 of 132

Go to solution
Keith Beddoe........you are a star. 👍
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 125 of 132

Go to solution

Really do check your antenna  connections even the wall connector if you have one. Make sure all fittings feel tight as the standard Belling & Lee  coax connectors are rubbish imho.

Turns out I had a slight crack in the solder of the wall plate connection internally.

Whilst I had really good signal strength and quality on all muxes apart from one, the signal quality of the one would vary from 0% to 80% randomly even though it showed 80% signal strength. After swapping out all cables it was still randomly changing and making no sense as I thought if the other muxes had good signal it can't be a cable issue as surely they would be on or off. Replaced the wall plate socket with a standard plug on the end of the cable coming in to the house to test and boom. The dodgy mux had 100% quality and has had ever since.

So whilst I really don't understand why a slight dodgy connection would only affect the quality of one mux it seems to be the case.

Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 126 of 132

Go to solution

I bought an attenuator from Amazon as I was having HD channel signal issues...only with the latest Youview box mind you. Haven't had an issue since.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 127 of 132

Go to solution

My problem was that the incoming signal was too good. An attenuator did the trick. 👍

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 128 of 132

Go to solution
Attenuator fixed it for me too.👍
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 129 of 132

Go to solution
How do you connect the attenuator mine doesn’t fit on the you view box,any help Would be appreciated
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 130 of 132

Go to solution

There should be a male and a female aerial connection on the attenuator.  (See photo).IMAG0036_1280x720.jpg

If it wont connect direct to box (mine did) then an additional aerial fly lead and connect into that should work.