cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

HD channels

On Tuesday 1 February 2022, I contacted BT via the chat service and was told Dave HD would return to channel 387 on Thursday 3 February 2022. It was down for maintenance purposes, apparently.  It has not materialised as I was told! Anyone know anything about this and also if Film4 is available in HD too? Thanks

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: HD channels

Hi, @kevez2611 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you. What TV plan do you have? 

Dave HD and Film4 HD are not broadcast over Freeview and these channels are not included in any of our new BT TV plans. Dave HD used to be available on some of our older plans but these have not been provided to customers since 2020.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

Hi Neil, thanks for getting back to me.

Well, this is very disappointing news and clearly the advisor on the webchat lied to me about Dave HD being available after recent 'maintenance work'...

...I don't suppose ITV2, ITV3 or ITV4 will be available in HD either then! I had all of these channels with Virgin so I'm starting to regret moving now.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

The channels you're referring to are pay channels and aren't and have never been available on Freeview. The UKTV HD variants of their channels were previously available on BT TV as part of a carriage agreement BT had with UKTV but the deal wasn't renewed by BT at the end of the term due to the move to selling NowTV packages.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Hi, @kevez2611 I'm sorry you feel that way, I can also confirm that the HD variants of those ITV channels are not provided as part of BT TV subscriptions.  

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Hi

I'm feeling the same, very disappointed to find out now after moving to BT (a few days ago) that I've lost a lot of HD channels I had with Virgin. I'm also beginning to regret moving from Virgin. I bought the HD add on when setting up, I assumed that would give me all the HD channels, but it's looking like it's only the Sky HD channels, which again I already had in the virgin package. I'm not impressed so far.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Andeb,

Don't blame you.

And BT has since 'lost' BBC News and BBC4 as well! Makes you wonder what century we're living in really!

Will we get Paramount+ as Sky Movies subscribers get that for free?  i get SM as part of the NOW TV package but can't see that on the HD planner anywhere 😞

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

BBC News HD was never part of BT TV it was on Freeview and the Freeview mux it was on closed over 3 weeks ago.

BBC4 HD will be coming back to Freeview at some point.

You can still get BBC News HD via iPlayer but I have found their is almost a minute delay with BBC News HD via iPlayer which is not good.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

@kevez2611 Paramount+ is only included in the Sky Cinema package if you subscribe directly via Sky.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Pleased to see BBC4 HD back this week but when will BT catch up with other providers and have more HD channels available???

Is there any 'work around' so I can watch Dave and Film4 in HD now?

0 Ratings