cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: HD channels

You need to ensure your Pro box is on the latest update. Remove the aerial and factory reset the box. Then go through the installation again and deal with Rylan talking to you. And it should allow you to get channels through IPTV

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

@kevez2611 yes exactly what @davidwindle9 suggests is correct. Although the box is supposed to offer it regardless on factory reset, its better to have the Ariel removed prior to factory resetting.

it will ask you before Rylan waffles on with Robbie savage. and then as he is waffling on in the video, it will drop the channels in.

definitely worth it. if you need any more help let us all know.

Message 23 of 26

I finally got round to doing this reset WITHOUT the aerial and this is what happened...

• 135 channels were located...but they all looked the same to me.
  • I gained ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4 in HD - but that's all.
  • I lost the radio function via channels 700 onwards.
  • I lost Dave and Film4 from SD selection.

Decided to put the aerial back in and reset it and this is what happened...

• 300 channels were located...but there isn't anything new.
  • I LOST the ITV channels I had in HD under the previous reset.
  • I regained the radio function, Dave and Film 4 in the SD selection.

My synopsis is that I can't have both the extra ITV channels in HD AND radio, Dave and Film4 in SD at the same time. Rubbish.

Message 24 of 26

Yes, I had the same results as you. I can't believe in this tech world BT cant give us all the channels from both the internet/wifi and the analogue aerial.

I still wish I'd not moved to BT from Virgin. Virgin had all the channels, no problems.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Hi  @kevez2611 

in the IP mode (ie no aerial mode) you would have Film 4 (SD multicast) channel in EPG position 14.  It is the time shift Film 4 +1 channel that you would not have,

If when using the Guide you use the blue button  to select the HD & Ultra Hd category you will see the HD channels that are there in IP mode.

radio channels provided over Freeview would not be available in the EPG if you were in Ip Mode although the BBC  National and local radio would be available to listen to within the BBC Sounds app on the box.

you could of course opt to have your BT Tv Pro box in Ip mode and connect your working aerial directly into your TV and access Freeview channels and radio via the tuner on your TV.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

Just to clarify as my post edit timed out

radio channels provided over Freeview would not be available in the EPG if you were in Ip Mode although the BBC  National and local radio would be  listed available to listen to within the BBC Sounds app on the box. In Ip mode those available radio channels would have their schedule listed in the EPG and if selecting that “radio channel” you would get a red button prompt to launch the stream in the BBC Sounds app.

0 Ratings