cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: HD issues with you view box

The channels listed are freeview not internet?
0 Ratings
Ryanharvey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 21

It's just every HD channel. I've changed my hdmi cable also. All be it a not very expensive one.
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 21

If it's the Freeview HD channels only then you need to check your local transmitter isn't having any issues, check your aerial connection is good and away from other cables behind the YV box/TV. What signal strength/quality do you get with the HD channels?

0 Ratings
Ryanharvey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Signal strength is 25% signal quality is 100%. I realise the signal strength is quite low but it has always been like this and never had an issue up until the last few weeks. When I connect an aerial tester to my aerial it says strength is good?!?
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 21

Have you checked for any engineering work in your area? http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/help_and_advice/engineering_works

it may also be 4G interference if a new mast has become operational in your area recently but that should affect all channels not just HD.

0 Ratings
Ryanharvey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 21

Thanks skappy. Just checked. No planned work in my area.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

25% is too low
The youview box wants 75% or more to avoid glitches
0 Ratings
Ryanharvey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Been in the loft and done some re wiring. Strength is now at 70%. First HD channel I put on it pixelated! 😒
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 19 of 21

Mine is fine on a 25 year old Loft installed aerial - I get a fluctuating 65-72% max What are the Channels like on the TV itself .... ie the aerial coax straight to the TV, with no BT box in the equation ?
0 Ratings
Ryanharvey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Straight into the tv everything is perfectly fine. It is only the HD channels which are causing the issues.
0 Ratings