cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 13

Re: HDMI and SCART - menu overlays fixed?

Well let's enjoy it while it works then. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
woodface7
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

Not fixed on my BT YouView DTR-T1000. Menus etc disappear the second the HDMI is plugged in. Second hand machine, so I don't know if active BT customers get a different set of software updates from non-customers like us, but we get all the Humax updates.

Darned annoying, though since we largely use SCART to archive progs to a DVD recorder, at least they don't get spoiled by announcements that the box is beginning to record a scheduled programme. If we want one day to feed another room, it would be awful.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 13

Well, I took the plunge and ordered a YouView box from BT (DTR-T1000). Set it all up yesterday, did the software update and plugged the SCART output into my RF modulator - and everything works fine with HDMI plugged in!

The menus are being passed over SCART to the upstairs TV, no problems at all, the picture is actually reasonably good (probably because it's only a 19" TV!) My old remote senders from my BT Vision box work fine on the YouView box too, so no problems controlling the box from upstairs.

@woodface7 - not sure why it's not working for you. There's another reply on here that says it's working on the retail box too. I guess you've tried forcing an update through the menu?
0 Ratings