Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spbond
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

HDMI and latest YouView box

Go to solution

Hi,

If I power on my BT Ultra HD box the TV and my Sony soundbar automatically all turn on an all is good.

However, if I then power off the BT box the TV and Sony soundbar remain on. Is this normal?

Should powering the BT box off not turn off the TV and soundbar?

Many thanks,

Sean

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: HDMI and latest YouView box

Go to solution

Mine does exactly the same so I would think it's normal. I have to power the tv down separately which then turns the bar off as well. 

Which is what I want, as just because I've finished watching bt tv for the moment doesn't mean I'm finished with the tv. I might just want to switch hdmi to my Ps4 or watch amazon or netflix without having to turn everything back on. 

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Agreed @Zombie. I'd be more than a little annoyed if my tv went off just because I'd finished with my box. Like you I use my tv for the apps it offers and I have a Freesat box connected.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Same here. I use a Harmony remote control which I have set to power on / off the current source box by a long press of the Exit button and only power off the TV and sound system when I press the main off button.
0 Ratings
spbond
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies. It looks like it's a normal action.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

It is seemingly a BT Youview thing as mine does the same, however I also have a Humax Freesat box connected and this powers the Sony TV and soundbar on and off together.

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

It's normal and intended, turning on a device can usually turn on a TV, and turning off a TV can usually turn off a device, but turning off a device should not turn off the TV.

0 Ratings