cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thegrail
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Have More Entertainment Channels on Youview TV but they are not available on BT TV App

Go to solution

Have BTTV Classic Entertainment with added HD, App Extra, and More Entertainment.

All channels are available on BTTV Box, but More Entertainment channels do not appear as available on BT TV App on my Android phone or via a Chromecast TV.

Separately have an issue being progressed with BT Level support where I only have 1 Android phone and 1 Chromecast added to BT App Extra, and it won't allow any more, even though there are spare, unused slots - could this problem be linked?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: Have More Entertainment Channels on Youview TV but they are not available on BT TV App

Go to solution

Hi @thegrail  sorry that you are not able to view some channels on the app that you can view on your Youview box. Would you provide a few examples of these channels? 

Did you get the issue with the app only allowing 2 devices sorted? If not check out Managing devices on the BT TV app and see if it shows 2 available spaces for devices to be added or old devices that can be removed.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
thegrail
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Have More Entertainment Channels on Youview TV but they are not available on BT TV App

Go to solution

Hi John,

Channels missing for use on the BTTV App included Discovery Science, TMC, and MTV Xmas.

The problem with slots being locked remained with one showing as "27 days until you can register a new device" and the next as "you can register a new device every 30 days".

To save wasting money, I've cancelled App Extra for now and just watch on my main BTTV  Youview box.

If Tier support comes back with a fix I might reinstate App Extra - which should really be free rather than £5 per month.

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I've just looked at : BT TV Classic Entertainment Package | BT TV Packages | BT where it is now saying this:

"The following channels are being removed from this package from 1st March: Sky History, Lifetime, Crime & Investigation and Vice. From 1st April, Syfy and E! will also be removed."

Richard

0 Ratings
thegrail
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Lets hope they replace them in the Classic package with others and add some to "More" option.  I guess those leaving channels are the ones from Sky and they want us to swap - I tried the Now package for 2 weeks and switched back to Classic - especially wanted to get Dave HD and keep Eurosport HD 😊

0 Ratings
thegrail
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

After a fruitless attempt to progress this issue with BT Chat on Tuesday, resulting in me just terminating the session, I had a call from BT Technical Support this morning. Seems that there had been a problem in the BT account databases.

The engineer reset various settings and requested me to logoff and logon again a few times, but in the end the More Entertainment Channels returned to the BT App and my inability to add devices to watch BT TV was resolved.

Now have my phone and Chromebook working again with BT TV and able to watch all the channels on them.

0 Ratings