cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Have the following issues with Youview box from BT.

Hello,

I have the DTR 21000 box from BT, The box is no longer under warranty from BT, I have so many issues with the box! Some of the issues are that some of the recordings tell me recording failed, spoke to BT and they told me there was no issues with my phone line and broadband, I am using the latest BT smart hub 2, think the hard drive has gone, I would like to replace the hard drive in the box, if I replace the hard drive in the box and then did maintenance mode and then do usb recovery so that the software gets download and installed onto the new hard drive, will this work ?

Also can you tell me what hard drive I need and can I put an SDD drive in the box and can I put and bigger size hard drive in ?

Any help would be appreciated 

thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Have the following issues with Youview box from BT.

Hi @MATTHEWATLANT0S welcome back to the community, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT TV box. I can't offer you advice on how to replace the hard drive, however, if you have an active BT TV subscription you should be entitled to a replacement box.

If you report a fault and the issue with the hard drive can't be resolved by a factory reset customer services will be able to sort that for you. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

@MATTHEWATLANT0S 

Replacing the HDD should be relatively straightforward.

You need a 2.5" AV drive, although a normal laptop drive would be fine , and yes using a larger capacity drive is fine.

I wouldn't recommend an SSD as the method of deleting data & reusing the deleted space is different for an SSD over a normal HDD and read/write speed is not an issue.

I think once you've replaced the drive the box may automatically sort itself out  but maybe a maintenance mode reset Option 5 is necessary. So it does need to be internet connected.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Hello TimCurtis,

Thank you for your help, can you tell me the make of hard drive that I need, and also can tell me how I remove the hard drive from DTR T2110 Box.

Any more help would be great.

Thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Hello TimCurtis

I have had the box check by my local repair shop that repair set top boxes and they told me that the hard drive in the box is old and has had it, all the issues I have had with the box is down to the hard drive in the box.

the shop have order me a and bigger hard drive and they have told me that all the issues should be gone when the new hard drive is put in.

Thanks for all your help, I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Re: Have the following issues with Youview box from B T.

Hello,

I have replaced the hard drive in box with a 2.5 laptop hard drive bigger in size.

Switch the box on and entered maintenance mode but the box does not enter maintenance mode, so I switch the box off and back on and let the box do the setup this starts the youview screen comes up tells me about change settings for eco mode and then the box says youview loading after a couples of mins the box switch off and back on and does the same setup again.

the hard drive that was in the box says video HDD 2.5, do I need to copy the old hard drive to the new Hard drive ?.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Without software, its not going to work. I assume you have it connected to the Internet? If so, it should download the software from the Humax server, assuming it works the same as it used to. The basic box would just have bootstrap code to allow it to start the connection to the server.

It could take quite a while to do the download, so do not interrupt it.

If you do not have a BT TV contract, then the public YouView forum would be a better place to ask for help. If you do have a contract, then just ask for a replacement box.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Hello Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me I am using cable connection do I need to have the Cable connected to the back of the router ? or can I leave the cable in the splitter box ? 

The box starts up and starts to load but does not detect the router even with the cable plugged in the back of the box.

Any more help would be great.

Thanks 

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Hello Keith,

Can you send me the link for the Humax Server were I download the software for the BT vision box.

Thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

@MATTHEWATLANT0S wrote:

Hello Keith,

Can you send me the link for the Humax Server were I download the software for the BT vision box.

Thanks

You cannot download it yourself, the download has to be initiated by the Humax YouView box.

A small bit of code resides within the firmware of the box, this is executed when you enter one of the maintenance modes. This code initiates a connection to Humax, downloads the binary software image, and verifies it. A re-start then executes the main software, which will deal with any product branding etc. 

If it cannot connect to the Humax server, it will just keep restarting and trying again.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions/

General help, but may not be any good in your case.

Why is my YouView box stuck on loading?

If your BT Youview is frozen or stuck on loading, all you have to do is restart your BT Box. If this does not do the trick, then your device may be due for a software update. ... Press the YouView button, select settings. Go to the Information & Reset sub-menu.28 Jun 2020
0 Ratings