cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niko1
Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Have updates for BT youview stopped?

Any updates?
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 24

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Contributor
Message 13 of 24

@scointerwrote:
Well 31.106 has just been released for the T4000 boxes.. https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/BT-Software-Release-31-106-0-3-5-96

It's only a bug fix, no sign of Prime Video.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 14 of 24

After seeing my sisters Youview T2000 1tb retail box last weekend I do feel BT are starting to fall a little behind with there software updates and improvements. Only thing is BT has the Amazon Prime Video app that retail boxes still don’t have.

Darren
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 15 of 24

@stereohavenwrote:

@scointerwrote:
Well 31.106 has just been released for the T4000 boxes.. https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/BT-Software-Release-31-106-0-3-5-96

It's only a bug fix, no sign of Prime Video.

But the description does contain some encouraging words re the radio problem

"We have fixed a number of bugs in this release including:

• An issue where radio recordings would play without audio."

Seems 4000s now have radio recordings that work but no Amazon prime and 2100s have Amazon prime and no radio recording replay.  And none have jump to time

Puzzling

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 16 of 24

Well we have a new update :-) 

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-31-69-0-3-5-132

Have downloaded it and I can confirm it does fix the radio recording playback problem even for old recordings

There's some other minor improvements in there too

Niko1
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Why is this just for the 2100 not the 4000?
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 18 of 24

@Niko1wrote:
Why is this just for the 2100 not the 4000?

Because the 4000s already had the radio recording fix 2 weeks ago with 31.106/3.5.96

0 Ratings
Niko1
Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Cheers Steve, but is was only bug fixes (which I'm grateful for) not any additional features. You would think it would make sense to have identical functionality across the board... Mind you, I'm still waiting for Prime!
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 20 of 24

@Niko1wrote:
Cheers Steve, but is was only bug fixes (which I'm grateful for) not any additional features. You would think it would make sense to have identical functionality across the board... Mind you, I'm still waiting for Prime!

Have to say it's a bit puzzling.  My understanding is the 4000 has noticeably different execution hardware so there may be an issue with mapping what should be identical user functionality down through the what should be very convergent top level design and higher software layers but it might be two separate software development efforts that share info and code.  IMHO that would not be a good development route.

My priority though was getting that radio recording back so was somewhat annoyed to see 4000s get it way ahead of my humble 2100.   Radio is the main thing I use the YV for since they took away other key functionality

0 Ratings