Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeneralPostoffice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Having problems with recordings of Freeview channels - consistent failures

Go to solution

Recordings which I set seem to be rather hit and miss ... if the box is in use when the recording is due to start it usually works but if the box must come out of standby to make the recording then it's 50/50 as to whether or not the recording happens.

eg.  If a recording is supposed to be happening but the box is 'off' then I've frequently observed the box doing nothing - but if I then hit the power button to take it out of standby the recording will start from that point.

I've got it set to mimum power saving - so it normally takes just a few seconds of "Nearly Ready" for it to become active.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Having problems with recordings of Freeview channels - consistent failures

Go to solution

You could try taking it out of Eco mode and see if this makes a difference 

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@stuartrogerson wrote:

You could try taking it out of Eco mode and see if this makes a difference 

You mean just leave it powered up ? (Thats the only other option to ECO Low or High  .... Smiley Wink )
Surely better to troubleshoot the actual problem - as it  s h o u l d  record in s/by - even High Eco .....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Sorry I meant Eco low

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@stuartrogerson wrote:

Sorry I meant Eco low

He already said he had it in ECO Low mode ...

I've got it set to mimum power saving - so it normally takes just a few seconds of "Nearly Ready" for it to become active.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Did he? Sorry my eyesight is poor

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Which Youview box do you have  (Youview >System Information> Device Information will tell you if you are unsure )?

Also which  (manufacturer) software version are you on ? Youview >System Information> Software Versions will tell you if you are unsure 

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/top_tip_soft_reset_reboot_power_cycling_maintenance_mod...

describes what resets can be done.

0 Ratings
GeneralPostoffice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

The box is the DTR2100 and the software revision is ends in 50.50.  Manually checking for update tells me I have the latest available although I believe there is a newer version doing the rounds.

Options for power saving are only high or low eco - it's in the low eco but despite that, pretty much any recording that is scheduled when the box isn't actually 'on' and watching TV, fails.  If the box is out of standby (ie I'm using it to watch something at the time), it works.

I've tried resetting the whole box once - no result and lots of time wasted hiding channels again (why do they restrict channel manipulation so much?).  Also tried multiple power disconnects.  No effect either.

Seriously - what use is a DVR that doesn't record when the box is in standby?  I can't believe that the hardware fails at such a basic task in this day and age.  I had a Sky+ first gen box well over 10 years ago that recorded perfectly every time, never a problem.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @GeneralPostoffice,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.  There is nothing worst than missing a program because your equipment decided it wasn't going to play ball Smiley Sad  I am very sorry about this.

You are right your YouView box should be recording the programs you have set.  Perhaps your YouView box has developed a fault and that's why it is not behaving in the way it should.

If you could send us your details then we can investigate from our end.  It may require an engineers visit but we will know more once we take a look.  If you click on my username (SeanD) you will find our contact link, under the 'About me' section of my profile.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
GeneralPostoffice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
  • Hi,

my issue seems to have resolved itself with a firmware update.  At the time I experienced it I was on the previous version 21.50.50 ... after it updated to the recently released 22.17.0 the issue seems to have gone away.

They seem to be rolling it out in phases so it's possible you don't have it yet.  I'd imagine that the helpdesk could maybe push out an update with you if you contact a moderator.  They did get back in touch with me but just at the time I originally filed the ticket, the new firmware became available to me.

0 Ratings