cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Hdmi output

Hi just switched to bt from virgin.  I'd like to connect my bt tv box pro to my TV and to my old dvd recorder by splitting  the hdmi output.  Has anyone been able to split their hdmi output between 2 devices.

Thanks

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Hdmi output

Check Amazon & reviews for HDMI splitters. But you won't be able to record anything to DVD due to content protection. Also unless you bought the Pro Box BT are likely to want it back, as they were only ever on loan.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Thanks,  I'm not leaving BT as only just come to them last couple of weeks.  I've got a couple of splitter boxes but don't seem to be doing anything.  Will give them another try.  Never had a problem with my virgin box

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

@spd1954wrote:

Thanks,  I'm not leaving BT as only just come to them last couple of weeks.  I've got a couple of splitter boxes but don't seem to be doing anything.  Will give them another try.  Never had a problem with my virgin box

Apologies, misread your post as moving to Virgin!

Some other posts have suggested that the HDMI output of the Pro Box can do some odd things, maybe playing nicely with a splitter is one of them...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

This one works with our pro box. The 4k output to the TV,  the 1080p output to a 1080p to SCART converter. SCART to a Triax Tri link box that distributes the analogue output over our SKY magic eye co ax system. 

HDMI Splitter 4K 60Hz 1x2 1080P 120Hz HDCP HDR 18Gbps UHD D-olby Vision Atmos Scaler 4K EDID 1080P Dual Monitors HDMI 2.0 Splitter 1 in2 out for PS5,SkyQ,Xbox, Fire Stick BluRay Apple TV Projector 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Hi, did you have any luck finding a splitter that works, I have just moved from virgin like you. I have a broken hdmi port on tv so I have been using a splitter with the working one but it does not work with my new bt box.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Unfortunately not as yet.  Taken a break for now but will give it another go at some point.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

The 4K splitter described in my post 6-09-2022 works with the pro box. 
It’s available from a well known online retailer if you search for it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Thanks I have it on my wish list for when I have a bit spare to buy it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Thanks, I’ll try that out. Not bad for £29.99.
0 Ratings